If you don’t know how to hide WhatsApp photos from gallery, we are going to help you out. We receive a lot of photos from WhatsApp and it can be a bit annoying that all those photos end up mixing with the rest of the images in the gallery.
WhatsApp has an option that allows us to hide all the photos and videos of a particular chat or group, this way, they won’t be displayed in the mobile phone’s gallery.
How to hide the photos of a specific WhatsApp chat from the gallery?
We all are in a WhatsApp group that people send a lot of videos, memes and GIFs that, let’s face it, do not interest us most of the time. Or maybe you just want to keep your private photos from those who have access to your phone’s gallery. Be that as it may, the fact is that we don’t want those photos and videos to end up mixed with the rest of the photos in the gallery.
To hide the photos of a specific chat or group, just follow these steps:
- Within the chat, click on the name of the person or group at the top.
- Among the options that appear, select “Visibility of multimedia files”.
- By default it will be set to “Default (Yes)”, but the one we are interested in is to select “No”.
How to hide all WhatsApp photos from the gallery?
If you want to hide all WhatsApp photos then this is even easier.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the button with the three dots at the top left and go to Settings.
- Then go to the Chats section.
- Finally, deactivate the option “Visibility of multimedia files”.
If you want to access those photos later, you can find them with a file explorer app. They should be in a subfolder called Private.