If you want to learn how to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups, we are going to help you out. One of the most disturbing things about WhatsApp is sometimes the groups. 20 people texting each other with hundreds of notifications might bore you. But there’s a way to avoid this situation.
How to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups?
Most WhatsApp settings are hidden. But we assure you the process is really simple. You just need to follow some steps and it works on both iOS and Android:
- Launch WhatsApp
- Go to settings (three dots in the upper right corner)
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Account” menu
- Open your “Privacy” options
- In this menu, you will find the “Groups” option.
- Change the option from “All” to “My contacts, except…”.
- Select ALL your contacts and confirm the changes.
Now every time someone wants to add you to a group they will have to wait for you to accept the invitation manually.
This setting, of course, does not affect the groups you are already in. For that, you can use the mute option if you don’t want to receive so many notifications, or simply leave the group.