If you don’t know how to delete a Snapchat story, we are going to help you out in this guide. The stories feature of Snapchat keeps our photos live for 24 hours. Followers can view our story over and over again during the day. What happens after 24 hours? The photos disappear, of course.
However, there are times when we decide to delete a story. Don’t worry it is an easy process, just keep reading.
How to access Snapchat stories?
If you want to delete Snapchat stories, then you already know how to save them there. But you may not know how to access your story to see the available photos. It’s easy if you know what to do. Just go to the Snapchat camera and slide your finger to the left.
Just look at the top of the screen and find My Story:
- Quickly tap on My Story to see a slideshow of available snapshots.
- Tap and hold My Story or tap on the three vertical dots on the left to expand the snapshots within the story.
- Tap on the download icon to save the story.
- Tap on the add photo icon to take a snapshot right now and add it to the story.
How to save stories and photos on Snapchat?
Before deleting anything from your story, you may want to save it. Remember, once a snap has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. Be careful and save your photos now.
You can save your entire history. Simply tap the download icon located next to My Story. This will save each frame of the story to your phone’s camera roll.
If Snapchat does not already have permission to access the camera roll, a window will pop up asking for permission to save the snapshots to the camera roll. Tap Yes. This will take you to your phone’s settings, where you can edit Snapchat permissions.
Let’s say you’re not interested in saving your entire story. You only want to save one or two photos, no problem.
- Enter My Story to see all the snaps.
- Tap on the snap you want to save.
- Tap on the download icon in the lower-left corner.
As with the story, this will save the snap to the camera roll. You may need to give Snapchat permission to perform this action.
How to delete a Snapchat story?
Now that you’ve saved all the snaps you want, it’s time to delete the snaps you no longer want others to see.
- Enter My Story to see all of your Snapchat stories.
- Tap on the Snapchat story you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon in the lower-left corner.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Repeat this action for all the snapshots you want to delete.