If you don’t know how to turn on app permissions for the camera in Windows 10, we are going to help you out. We make video calls on a daily basis, you will surely need to configure the privacy of your PC’s camera in Windows 10.
The social distancing measures we have had to take because of the pandemic have completely changed our routine. Today, there are still many people who continue to work from home, and for this reason, video calls are still our main means of communication.
Because of this, nowadays it is really important to have the privacy settings well configured.
How to turn on app permissions for the camera in Windows 10?
In most cases, you will be able to allow programs to access the camera through a notification that will appear the first time we use it, but if this notification does not appear or you closed it by accident, no worries. Just follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, click on the gear icon to access Settings and then click on the Privacy tab.
- Head to the left column and scroll down to the Application Permissions section. You will see that one of the sections is called Camera. Click on it.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure that camera access is enabled under Allow camera access on this device. Otherwise, no program will be able to use this component.
- If it is disabled, click on the Change button.
- The checkbox in the section Allow applications to access the camera must also be checked. Enable it if it is not checked.
- In the next section, you will see the Microsoft Store applications that are allowed to access the camera. Here you can enable or disable access by tapping the slider.
- Finally, in the next section, you can allow camera access to desktop applications.