If you don’t know how to take hands-free selfies on Android smartphones, we are going to tell you how. Selfies are a part of our lives now. We use our smartphones to take selfies, on a trip or in daily life.
- How to send self-destructing messages on Instagram with Vanish Mode?
- How to change your default payment method in Google Play Store
- How to connect a PS5 DualSense to an Android smartphone?
When we take a picture with the front camera, we have to press with our finger on the screen to take that picture. This is something that is not always comfortable and in many occasions will change the final result of your selfie. Luckily, on Android, there are several ways to take selfies without using your hands. This way you can get a better result on your photos at any time.
How to take hands-free selfies on Android smartphones?
The camera app on Huawei phones has a feature to control the camera with voice, so you can take pictures without using your hands. A feature that will make your pictures more comfortable to take. To use this option in the camera application, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Huawei camera app.
- Click on the sprocket icon to go to the settings.
- Look for the Audio Control section.
- Enter this section.
- Activate the option.
- Activate the “Say Cheese” option to take pictures.
Having this option activated on your phone, you will be able to say Cheese and a selfie will be taken on your Huawei phone. Most of the recent models of the Chinese brand have this option already, so you will probably be able to activate it.
Also, Samsung has a native option to be able to take hands-free selfies, two to be precise. We can use voice control in the camera application. But there’s one more option. You can show your palm to the camera to take a picture. Follow these steps:
- Open the camera app.
- Click on the Settings icon (cogwheel).
- Go to the Shooting Methods section.
- Activate Voice Control.
- Activate Show Palm.
If you have both options activated, when you want to take a selfie on your Samsung phone, you will be able to show the palm of your hand and the camera will start a timer to take the picture. You can also use the voice command in the app to take a picture without having to touch the screen.
Use the timer
Not all camera applications have the ability to use voice control to take selfies. But almost all camera apps have a timer feature. You can use a timer to be able to take hands-free selfies. Follow these steps:
- Open the camera on your phone.
- Click on the clock icon.
- Select how many seconds you want to wait before taking a picture.
- Take a selfie