If you don’t know how to FaceTime with Android and PC users, it is possible thanks to iOS 15. Until the latest version of Apple’s operating system for mobile devices, you weren’t able to make FaceTime calls to Android or Windows devices.
How to FaceTime with Android and PC users in iOS 15?
Make a FaceTime call to an Android or Windows user
During the last WWDC 2021, Apple has given us the signal for this feature. Now iOS 15 offers us the possibility to make a FaceTime call to an Android or Windows user. The company also assured that all FaceTime calls are end-to-end encrypted. Including those made with other companies’ devices.
Just follow these steps:
- Open the FaceTime app from an iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- Click on create link, you will see some different options.
- Click on FaceTime Link
- From here, you have the usual options for sharing the link to Android or Windows: copy, AirDrop, Messages, email, etc.
- Use any of these sources to share the link with your friends or family.
Join a FaceTime call from Android or Windows
Once an Android or Windows user has received the link, it will be enough to click on it. According to Apple, you need to have the latest version of Chrome or Edge browsers, as well as H.264 video support. Make sure you meet these requirements before entering the call.
Follow these steps:
- Open the link, it will open in your default browser.
- Before entering the call, you need to enter your name. Choose a name.
- When you click Continue, you will enter a “waiting room.”
- The person who invited you must give you permission to enter the call.
And that’s it. With these measures, you ensure that only the people you want to access the call. Remember that FaceTime supports a maximum of 32 users per call, so you will have plenty of space. It is also possible to create a link to the FaceTime call from the Calendar app. This way, everyone invited to the event will know when and how to join. This way you’ve learned how to FaceTime with Android and PC users in iOS 15, try it out now!