If you don’t know how to download Netflix series and movies to a PC, we are going to help you out. Let’s say you are going to have a vacation and will not have an Internet connection. You might want to watch your favorite series, the platform gives us the ability to watch them offline. Let’s learn how to do it.
How to download Netflix series and movies to a PC?
Downloading content is one of the essential functions in streaming video platform applications. This feature is available on both mobile versions and PC.
Before explaining how you can download Netflix series and movies on PC, you should know that there are certain requirements. First of all, you must have the latest version of the Netflix app for Windows. In addition, there are some titles that you can only download a specific number of times due to broadcasting rights. If you try to exceed that limit, Netflix will warn you.
On the other hand, you should also keep in mind that there is a limit on the number of downloads you can store simultaneously. Thus, in Netflix, you can only have 100 titles downloaded on the same device -movies, episodes of shows and series, documentaries-. If you try to download more, Netflix will prevent you through an on-screen message and you will have to delete old files.
Once you know all these details, it’s time to know how to download Netflix series and movies on a PC. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the Netflix app. Another option is to directly access the Netflix page on Microsoft Store.
- Click on the “Get” button to start downloading and installing the app on your computer.
When the installation is finished, open the program and enter your username and password.
- Search for movies, series, or documentaries.
- Click on the download button to start the process. In the case of movies and documentaries, the button appears below the main information. For series, the button is located next to each episode.
Depending on the size of the title and the speed of your Internet connection, the process might take some time. By the way, if the download button does not appear next to the content this means it is not available for download.
How to download the episodes of a Netflix series automatically?
Specifically, these smart downloads serve to automatically delete the downloaded episode you’ve already watched and download the next one.
This way, when you want to continue watching the series without an Internet connection, the Netflix application will already have the next episode downloaded for you. Downloading Netflix episodes automatically on your computer is very simple, just follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix application and open the side menu by clicking on the button with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- Click on “My Downloads”.
- Click on the “Smart Downloads” section in the upper right area.
As Netflix reports in the window, this tool will never use more space than the episodes you’ve downloaded. For the time being, we have to keep waiting for the Netflix app for Windows to have the “Smart Downloads” feature.