Samsung launches One UI 2.5 update which will bring Galaxy A70 improvements we are accustomed from Galaxy Note 20.
The Galaxy A70 is one of the most outstanding models of Samsung’s mid-range, available since last year. The phone was launched with Android Pie to the market, but obtained long ago the update to Android 10, which had certain problems.
When will Samsung phones get One UI 2.5 update?
This is One UI 2.5, the version of Samsung’s interface that arrived with the Galaxy Note 20, which is now being launched for this Galaxy A70. This update is starting its deployment officially, so users with the phone will soon have it.
Before Galaxy A70, other Samsung phones like the Galaxy A51, Galaxy Note 9 or the Galaxy S10 have also obtained the update to One UI 2.5. This update begins to reach more models within the brand’s mid-range and begins its deployment now.
The update has as serial number A705FNXXU5CTK4 and also comes with the security patch of November 2020. The weight of this update for the device has a size of 1,421MB. The deployment started in Ukraine and if it goes smoothly, it will be expanded to more countries.
Thanks to this update to One UI 2.5, the Galaxy A70 gets many of the new features that were made official with the Galaxy Note 20 last August. If you have this phone, you will be notified when the update is available. It shouldn’t take too long to happen, although it will depend on how the deployment in the Ukraine evolves.
Features that One UI 2.5 update will bring
- Low-latency mode compatible with Samsung televisions from 2019 onwards.
- Screen zoom and font size options are supported to allow customization to various screen sizes.
- If the quality of the information in the Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will be shown as Very Fast, Fast, Normal and Slow.
- When trying to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature will allow the user to request the password from another person who has it.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji stickers are supported in Always On Display.
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search function that allows the user to search YouTube.
- The split keyboard is supported in landscape mode.
- The search function on the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the keyboard settings page has been recently updated to make it easier to find the keyboard input languages that the user wants to add or remove.
- The professional video function has been improved.
- A function has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a default emergency contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send emergency messages in which the location is shared every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- Improved stability and error correction.
- New or improved features.
- Performance improvements.