- Apple has released watchOS 9.5, an eagerly anticipated update for the Apple Watch, offering new features and improvements to users worldwide.
- The update underwent efficient beta testing, with developers trialing the third build starting April 25, ensuring a refined user experience.
- watchOS 9.5 focuses on bug fixes and performance enhancements, paving the way for anticipated feature additions in watchOS 10.
Apple has rolled out the highly anticipated watchOS 9.5 update for its popular wearable device, the Apple Watch. With the latest release, watchOS has been upgraded to version 9.5, bringing a host of new features and improvements to the wrists of users worldwide. The update is now available for download, accessible to all Apple Watch users eager to enhance their smartwatch experience. This significant milestone showcases Apple’s commitment to delivering continuous innovation and keeping its user base engaged with cutting-edge technology.
Following a relatively brief period of beta testing, Apple has officially launched watchOS 9.5. This latest iteration underwent a comprehensive evaluation by developers, with the third build being made available for trial on April 25. The streamlined beta-testing process allowed Apple to gather valuable feedback and fine-tune the operating system, ensuring a more polished and optimized user experience. With watchOS 9.5 now released to the public, Apple Watch users can enjoy the benefits of a thoroughly tested and refined software update.
During the beta testing phase of watchOS 9.5, no significant feature changes were unveiled, suggesting that the update primarily focused on bug fixes and performance enhancements. This approach is not uncommon, as software updates often prioritize stability and optimization before introducing new features. It is speculated that Apple may have deliberately held back major feature additions for watchOS 10, which is expected to be announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). This strategy allows Apple to create a more impactful and exciting unveiling for the next iteration of watchOS, building anticipation among Apple Watch users and developers alike.
The watchOS 9.5 update comes with the build number 20T562. This alphanumeric identifier serves as a unique reference for the specific version of the software. By identifying the build number, users and developers can easily track and communicate about the particular iteration of watchOS 9.5 they have installed on their Apple Watches.
How to update to watchOS 9.5?
Devices typically update automatically within a day or two, depending on the user’s settings. For users who prefer to install the update manually, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “My Watch” to access your watch settings.
- Select “General” from the options.
- Scroll down and tap on “Software Update.”
- If the watchOS 9.5 update is available, you will see the option to “Download and Install.”
- Tap on “Download and Install” to initiate the update process.
- Ensure that your Apple Watch is on charge and in close proximity to the paired iPhone during the update.
The update will start, and you can monitor the progress on both the Apple Watch and the iPhone until the installation is complete.