We are here to show you how to use taunt in Dota 2. In Dota 2, taunts are cosmetic items for heroes. Heroes respond to taunts by displaying in-game animations. It is employed to tease or mock the adversary. Because taunts require complicated animation and time to produce, not every hero has one.
Taunts in Dota 2 can be either manual play taunts or automatic taunts. Prior to the 2015 International Compendium, taunting required one to remain still. The taunt possibilities have been modified since the 2015 international compendium. You can now use a taunt while moving, using a spell, and even teleporting!
Taunts have an 8 second cooldown, so you can’t spam them. Post-compendium taunts have been introduced in the more recent Battle Passes, and they even support autoplay! A feature called autoplay taunting automatically launches an insult.
- When the enemy courier is killed by you or an allied hero.
- Denying a Rune before your opponent gets it.
- denying a supporting hero (Tough one).
- When you team-wipe them after a smoke gang.
- When you TP away with 15% or less health.
- When you get an under tower kill below 15% health.
The finest technique to mock an enemy is with taunts! It gives the game a new dimension and may even result in psychological benefits or mind tricks. People occasionally forget to utilize taunts; in these cases, automated taunts are invaluable! Now let’s learn how to use taunt in Dota 2.
How to use taunt in Dota 2?
By following these steps you can learn how to use taunt in Dota 2:
- A taunt must be present in your inventory. Buy one or obtain one using a battle pass, for instance.
- Find your taunt in the inventory, right-click it, and choose “Equip item.”
- Browse the Dota 2 settings right now.
- The advanced hotkeys option can be found after selecting the “hotkeys section.”
- “Taunt Item” is the second-to-last insert box in the unit choices section.
- Click on the insert box to choose your desired hotkey for the taunt. For example we choose to use “K.”
- Play Dota now by choosing the hero to whom you have allocated your taunt. Press the designated key inside the game now and enjoy your taunt!
How to get a taunt from Steam Store in Dota 2?
Taunts are one of the Dota 2 cosmetic items that are all available on the Steam store: Without actively looking for them, you will only have a small number of taunts in your inventory, therefore you must acquire them.
- Start Dota 2.
- A heroes choice may be seen on the home screen, right next to the flashy Dota 2 logo.
- Select “Heroes” from the menu.
- You will be taken to the heroes website, where you may find every hero.
- Your favorite hero should be clicked.
- Your hero spells will be listed below the Hero loadout. Progression, trends, loadouts, stats, guidelines, and about are the six possibilities.
- All of your hero’s cosmetics will be displayed when you select the loadout option.
- Locate your hero’s taunt cosmetic (if there is one), then click the price.
- You will be taken to the Steam community market website, where taunt can be purchased for a variety of amounts.
- Choose the Dota 2 Taunt item with the lowest price, then enter your payment information.
- You will receive a screen indication of the taunt after a little delay. Find your brand-new Taunt by looking through your inventory.
- Use the Taunt while playing by equipping it!
How to get a taunt for Free in Dota 2?
It can be challenging for some gamers to spend money on Dota 2 cosmetics. You can obtain free Dota 2 taunts in a few different methods.
Giveaways are in right now! Every significant player and streamer, from the Steam community to social media, is running freebies. You have a variety of options on Steam because daily giveaways take place in numerous groups.
Additionally, you may even be able to obtain new stuff like Dota 2 skins! Owners of pages and channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube run prizes to advertise their platforms.
Just look around; you’ll discover a ton of groups, sites, and channels that routinely run freebies. You will gain greater benefit from it if you participate more.
How to get free Dota 2 taunts by participating in temporary Valve events?
Valve consistently creates a variety of transient events, like Winter Weighs, Rylai events, Ending events, and many others. Every Dota 2 event offers players various bonuses, including Treasures and Roulettes. You must accomplish a number of missions and achievements in order to obtain these Dota 2 Treasures and Roulettes.
There are also mythical, extremely rare, and uncommon objects in some Treasures and Roulettes. Thus, there is a risk that you will also acquire these. Give it your all at every event and you’ll undoubtedly receive some amazing free Dota 2 taunts.
How to get free taunts from the Battle pass in Dota 2?
The Dota 2 Battle Pass is the most eagerly anticipated and amazing event. Every year, the International Battle Pass debuts with brand-new, uncommon items, treasures, roulettes, and taunts. Amazing Dota 2 taunts are only available by raising your Battle Pass level.
The cost of the $9.99 battle pass prevents it from being a free event. However, it is worthwhile to purchase because it produces a ton of fantastic cosmetics. You can go from level 80 to level 105 without paying money for the Battle Pass levels. You will encounter a ton of stuff, riches, roulettes, and taunts during this quest. You will face the following taunts.
Do pro players use taunts in Dota 2?
Of sure, I say! Pro athletes, like Dendi, frequently utilize taunts to add humor to emotionally charged situations. In heated situations that have shocked the analysts and crowd, Dendi and Sumail have used taunting multiple times.
Because they leave their guard down and the entire attention is on the taunt, heroes frequently perish during taunts. Enemies might profit in this kind of circumstance. Use the taunt only when you are quite certain that there aren’t any other enemies nearby or the enemy has low HP. Use the Taunt after something happened in a typical situation, not before!
Find all of your favorite taunts and save them in your inventory; having a sufficient number of cosmetics in an account also raises its value. because more expensive cosmetics can be found on the Steam market.
This way you’ve learned how to use taunt in Dota 2. Don’t forget to get your free arcana in Dota 2!