Today we are going to show you how to reply to a message from a Fitbit smartwatch. One of the features of smartwatches and smart bracelets is to receive notifications directly. But sometimes we can also answer messages without having to take the phone out of our pocket. In this tutorial, we will explain step by step how to reply to WhatsApp messages or other apps from a Fitbit smartwatch.
Before proceeding, note that not all Fitbit models allow quick replies to messages. The models compatible with this feature are the Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa, Versa 2 or Versa 3. In addition, it only works when the configuration is done from an Android mobile phone since it is not yet available on iOS. If you meet the requirements, read on.
How to reply to a message from a Fitbit smartwatch?
The first thing to do if you haven’t already done so is to enable notifications so you can receive messages on your smartwatch
- Open the Fitbit app on your smartphone and click on your profile picture at the top left.
- Then click on the name of your device.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section.
Within the notifications menu, we have different options to configure, these are the steps you should follow to answer messages from WhatsApp or other apps:
- First, go to the ‘Text messages’ option and choose WhatsApp to be the main messaging app.
- If you want to be able to reply to messages from other apps like Telegram or Instagram, you have to access the ‘App notifications’ section and choose the ones you want.
- The next step is to enable quick replies and configure them. By default, you have several predefined phrases, but they are editable. You can also edit which emojis you want to have on the clock.
How to see message notifications on Fitbit smartwatches?
Once you have followed all the steps we have detailed, when you receive a message the smartwatch will vibrate and will show the notification on the screen (you can also see it by sliding the notification curtain from the top of the screen). Of course, you should connect devices to each other with Bluetooth.
- When you receive a message, tap on it and different options will open: reply, mark as read, open, or delete.
- Select ‘Reply’ and choose one of the quick replies or an emoji from the list.
- Finally, click on Send. You will have a few seconds to cancel it if you have made a mistake.