Fitbit Ace 3 is the new model just announced by the Google company specialized in wearables. A very special activity tracker as it is intended for use by the little ones in the house.
Fitbit Ace 3 is the third version of the series of smart bands of the manufacturer and as we had advanced slightly fit the design with a larger OLED touch screen with 1.47 inches, but maintaining the playback of monochrome content to limit energy expenditure.
In this way, autonomy will be one of the most interesting features of this smart band as the firm assigns a performance of up to 8 full days on a single charge. The band has water resistance and immersion up to 50 meters, for a short period.
It’s not a fitness tracker or smartwatch for adults, but it can still help kids and parents track activity during the day and sleep habits at night. Fitbit argues that’s more important than ever at this pandemic time when many kids don’t physically attend school and spend their days staring at screens.
Fitbit Ace 3 specs
Fitbit Ace 3 will connect via Bluetooth to an application controlled through a “family account” linked to the phone (Android or iOS) of the person in charge of the child and will be able to monitor sleep, perform distance measurements, calorie consumption and in particular, the following functions highlighted from Fitbit:
- Ace 3 helps motivate kids to move toward 60 minutes of daily activity with reminders to take at least 250 steps per hour, with an option to customize during school hours
- Kids can easily set personalized goals and track their activity by reviewing their stats on a bright, easy-to-use touchscreen, setting timers, and racing against the stopwatch
- Sleep tracking, bedtime reminders, and silent alarms help parents and kids work together to develop a consistent sleep schedule that gives kids enough time to rest, stay active and develop healthy habits
- On the Fitbit app, kids can connect with parent-approved friends and family, engage in friendly competition through Family Face-Off challenges and celebrate milestones with virtual badges and trophies
- Fitbit Ace 3 makes activity fun with animated watch characters that change and grow as kids progress toward their goals throughout the day
- Through a Fitbit Family account in the app, parents can access the Parent View, where they can easily view their child’s activity, manage what is displayed in their child’s app experience, and approve their child’s friend requests
- Kids can experience this Fitbit Ace 3 in the app through Kid View, a focused view that promotes the development of healthy habits by displaying the most important data, such as activity and sleep stats, as well as parent-approved friends, watch faces, and avatars. and badges
- Data management complies with privacy regulations, including COPPA in the United States and GDPR in Europe
Fitbit Ace 3 price and release date
Fitbit Ace 3 is officially priced at $79.95 and is now available for pre-order with worldwide availability starting March 15. It is sold with classic, comfortable and secure silicone bands, with a spill and drops resistant bumper design, with snaps in a choice of colors. Fitbit will market additional Minions-embossed silicone bands priced at $29.95.