Android 12 has an option to reduce bright colors on the screen and today we are going to show you how to do it. The first preview version for Android 12 developers is already out and it brings a lot of interesting features. Thanks to this update it will be possible to reduce the bright colors on the screen.
How to reduce bright colors on Android 12?
This new feature is included within the phone’s accessibility settings and it is intended for those users who may experience discomfort when brighter texts appear on the screen. Thanks to this new minor setting in Android 12, these texts can disappear whenever we want and the procedure is quite simple. These are the steps you should follow:
- Open the settings of your Android 12 phone.
- Go to the ‘Accessibility’ section.
- Then, we find the ‘Text and display’ section, located under the ‘Display’ section, and enter.
- Here we will find “Use Reduce bright colors”
- Then, we just have to click on the switch to activate this reduction, after which a slider will be activated just below to decide how much we want to reduce bright colors on the screen.
- If we want this setting to be constant, we will also check the ‘Keeps feature on after a restart‘ switch.
Also, you can add a shortcut by clicking on ‘Shortcut to dim bright colors’. Once we enter, our Android phone will give us two shortcut options. We can choose to swipe the screen with two fingers downwards, or we can press both side volume buttons on the phone. Once we choose one, it will be enough to press ‘Save’ at the bottom to activate the shortcuts.