One of the most useful, yet least used features of WhatsApp is the application’s built-in search. Thanks to it, it is possible to find messages, images, videos, links, and any other type of content you need to find.
Not everyone knows how to use this tool to get the most out of it. Therefore, today we are going to explain how to search WhatsApp in the best possible way to find everything you are looking for.
How to search for messages in WhatsApp chats or groups?
The most common thing to do when searching in WhatsApp is to use the search for chats and groups, which allows you to find specific messages. To use it, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the WhatsApp app, and go to the conversation in which you want to find a message.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Search” option.
- Enter the text of the message you want to find.
- To search for earlier or later messages, tap on the up or down arrows in the upper right corner.
Unfortunately, for now, there is no way to search for messages in WhatsApp by date, although we know that the company is working on implementing this feature. In the meantime, we will have to settle for text searches.
How to search through all conversations at once?
In addition to allowing you to search for messages in chats and groups, WhatsApp also includes a global search tool that allows you to find all types of content in the application.
Thanks to this function, it is possible to search for messages, photos, videos, links, GIFs, audio, and documents in all the chats of the application in a faster and easier way. Something very useful when we need to find a specific message or file, but we do not remember in which conversation it is located.
To search in all WhatsApp conversations to the web, these are the steps to follow:
- Open the WhatsApp app, and tap on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter the message text, file name, or contact name.
- Tap on the desired search result to be directed to the message in its corresponding conversation.
Regardless of the type of search you want to perform, it is likely that this second way is more practical in most situations since it allows you to find files and messages of all kinds.
Before concluding, it is necessary to remember the importance of creating a backup copy of WhatsApp, so that it is possible to keep the messages always safe and it is possible to search for them, even if you uninstall the application or change mobile.