How to disable the automatic switching feature of AirPods? With the arrival of iOS 14, Apple introduced the ability for AirPods to automatically connect to the device we are using. So if yo’re listening to a podcast on your Mac and we get a phone call, the AirPods will automatically connect to the iPhone to answer the call. It is a useful feature, but you may want to disable it on some devices and circumstances.
- How to do privacy and security settings on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- How to fix battery consumption issues on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- How to record the screen on the iPhone? [iOS 14]
How to disable the automatic switching feature of AirPods?
The AirPods’ auto-connect feature allows the headphones to jump and connect between our different devices. It is not complicated, you can do some personal settings by following some steps. First, you should connect our AirPods to the device we do not want them to connect to automatically. Then you should do the following:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Enter Bluetooth.
- Touch the “i” on the right side of the AirPod.
- Touch Connect to this iPhone.
- Choose On the last connection to this iPhone/iPad.
On the Mac, follow these steps to disable the automatic switching feature of AirPods:
- Open the System Preferences app.
- Enter Bluetooth.
- Click on Options to the right of our AirPods.
- Choose between Automatic or Last Connection to this Mac.
In general, this feature is really useful, but in some scenarios, you might want to disable it. The automatic connection feature of the AirPods, together with the Spacial Audio of the AirPods Pro, are new features that require iOS 14, as well as Big Sur MacOS (currently in beta phase), installed. And today, you’ve learned how to get rid of the automatic switching feature of AirPods in this article. It is really easy to do if you follow the steps correctly.