How to record the screen on the iPhone? We all take screenshots with our smartphones but also it is possible to record videos of our screens. These types of recordings can be useful, for example, to show someone what the problem is that you are having or you can record your gameplay, etc.
In the case of Android, there are several free and simple apps for this purpose. iOS, however, offers us a new function that allows us to record the iPhone screen easily and quickly. Let’s see how to do it.
- How to change the default browser and email client on iOS 14?
- How the compact call interface works on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- What does the green and orange dot on iPhone mean? [iOS 14]
iOS 14: How to record the screen on the iPhone?
As we said, recording the iPhone screen is a very simple task: just add the shortcut in the control panel and activate it when you want to start recording. Follow these steps:
- Enter the ‘Settings’, go to ‘Control Center’ and open it.
- Select ‘Customize controls’. You will see two sections: ‘Include’, with the functions that you currently have in the control panel, and ‘More controls’, with the functions that you can add.
- Click on the (+) icon corresponding to the option ‘Screen recording’ and you will see how it moves to the top.
Once the ‘Screen Recording’ function has been added, every time you want to record the screen, you just have to access the Control Panel (to do this, swipe down from the upper right corner). Follow these steps to learn how to record the screen on the iPhone.
- Now a new button appears looking like a circle; press it and it will start a three-second countdown to begin recording everything on the screen.
- When recording starts, that button will turn red to indicate that it is recording, you can activate the microphone to capture your own voice.
- When you exit the Control Panel, you will see a red-orange bar in the upper left corner of the screen. When you want to stop the recording, you just have to tap on it and press ‘Stop’.
In this article, you learned how to record the screen on the iPhone. And remember this function record your whole screen, so if you don’t want to show your notifications, etc. We recommend you to use do not disturb mode when you record the screen.