How the compact call interface works on iPhone? iOS 14, the new version of Apple’s operating system, is released and now it has one of the most demanded functions, a compact call interface. Today we tell you how the new interface of iOS 14 works and show you all the functions it offers.
- How to make Chrome the default browser on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- How to use iPhone Back Tap custom controls? [iOS 14]
- How to use iPad home screen widgets on iPadOS 14?
Until the introduction of iOS 14, the incoming call interface was completely occupying the iPhone whole screen. For example, you weren’t able to skip a call if you were doing anything else on the phone and you had to wait until the call ends. Thanks to the new compact interface, which emerges from the top of our phone as if it is a banner, we can finally silence calls by simply sliding it.
How to use the new compact incoming call interface in iOS 14
Let’s take a look:
- The new interface works by default on both the iPhone and iPad .
- We can answer and reject calls quickly with the red and green buttons that appear in the upper banner when we receive the call. After this we can continue using our phone normally, just in case we want to access the call interface we will have to click on the green icon with a phone in the upper left corner (or in the green bar on iPhones with TouchID).
- Swipe the incoming call banner up to mute it . If by chance you finally decide to answer the call, you can always recover the interface again by clicking on the green icon with the phone as well as when accepting the call.
- Press or slide the incoming call banner down to have all the options related to the call (dial, mute, contacts, audio output selection, etc.).
- When the phone is locked and you receive a call, the interface will be full screen. The new interface only comes up when we receive a call and we have the iPhone unlocked.
Answering calls with the new interface
Once we accept a call in the pop-up banner, after a few seconds it will disappear, showing only the green icon with the phone in the upper left corner, even though our call is in progress.
If we want to access the full call interface, we just have to click on this icon, and the Phone app will open.
Mute and decline calls in iOS 14
When the incoming call banner appears we can decline the call directly by clicking on the red button. As we said, if you finally decide to answer the call, while it is still ringing we will have at our disposal the green icon with a phone in the upper left corner, to be able to open the call interface again. In this article you learned how the compact call interface works on iPhone.