In the vast expanse of Bethesda’s new title, there are no sleek ground vehicles to whisk you across its planets. Instead, in Starfield how to use jetpack is a question that players should be able to answer and they must rely on boost packs and jetpacks to navigate the cosmos.
If you’ve been struggling to soar through the skies of this enigmatic universe, you’re not alone. In this guide, we’ll provide clear and straightforward instructions on how to effectively use the boost pack or jetpack in Starfield, ensuring your journey through its celestial wonders is nothing short of formidable.
In Starfield how to use jetpack and upgrade it?
Considering that a significant portion of the gameplay unfolds in space or on planets featuring low gravity, it’s hardly astonishing that jetpacks hold a significant role in Starfield. Referred to as “Boost Packs” within the game, these widely-used propulsion gadgets serve a dual purpose: Fighting and flying.
To take flight in the game, all you need to do is press the jump button again immediately after performing a jump. It’s worth noting that the key to unlocking this capability lies in the Boost Pack Training Skill, specifically at rank 1. If your boost pack seems as inactive as a rock, it’s likely because you haven’t attained this skill level.
The confusion that probably led you here
One aspect that often leaves players scratching their heads is the ability to wear a boost pack even without the required skill level. This can lead to perplexing moments where players have the gear but not the boost. It’s not broken; it’s just a case of missing skills.
Unlocking Boost Pack Training skill and acquiring the Constellation Backpack
For those who aren’t fortunate enough to have Boost Pack Training from the get-go, there’s still hope.
- Achieving level 2 in Starfield will grant you the necessary skill points to unlock Boost Pack Training.
- If you’re in a hurry to take to the skies, follow the main storyline for approximately the first two hours of gameplay.
- After your adventures on Vectera, your companion Barrett will introduce you to Constellation, bestowing upon you his ship to explore The Lodge on New Atlantis.
- Keep following the narrative, complete your objectives, and soon, you’ll find yourself on New Atlantis.
- At The Lodge, seek out Sarah Morgan, who will extend an invitation to join Constellation.
- Accept, and you’ll be the proud owner of the Constellation Backpack, your ticket to jetpacking freedom.
With this guide for Starfield how to use jetpack should have become much clearer and hopefully, you will no longer be grounded by confusion or missteps. If you encounter any technical hiccups like stuttering or audio issues during your cosmic adventures, don’t forget to check out our other guides for practical solutions.
So, equip your boost pack, take to the skies, and explore the wonders of Starfield with confidence. Happy jetpacking!
Meanwhile, you can also check out our other articles that offer guidance on the mechanics aspects of the game, such as the one on how to scan and how to access and increase your ship storage in Starfield.
Featured image credit: Bethesda