Today we explain how to fix Need for Speed Unbound not working. Players who purchased the Palace Edition or have an EA Play Pro Subscription can now download Need for Speed Unbound. You can also try out the game for ten hours if you have a regular EA Play or Xbox Game Pass membership.
Need for Speed Unbound performs admirably and offers a wealth of features and graphic settings for customization, including DLSS, FSR 2.0, HDR10, and other technologies. However, some users have complained about technical issues, which isn’t unusual for new games. Here are some suggestions if you are experiencing the Need for Speed crash at launch issue.
How to fix Need for Speed Unbound not working?
As was previously mentioned, new games frequently crash, so problems are bound to arise when they are first released. However, if your game isn’t running at all, something is probably missing or broken on your end of the equation. Here are a few things you should do to start playing the game.
Verify game files
Checking that your game files are in order should be your first priority. No matter where you download Need for Speed Unbound from, the client will allow you to check the game files. This will determine whether any corrupted or missing files require downloading.
- Navigate to your library on Steam.
- In your library, right-click Need for Speed Unbound.
- Press Properties.
- Choose the “Local Files” tab.
- Select Verify Integrity of local files…
- Open the EA App.
- Go to the left and click on My Collection.
- Next, select Need for Speed Unbound by clicking the three dots next to Installed.
- Choose Repair from the menu.
The game files will be scanned and checked as a result of this. Any damaged or missing files will be redownloaded after scanning. For the majority of users, this will solve their issue, and the game should now function normally.
Update GPU drivers
Make sure your GPU is running on the most recent drivers. The links below will let you access the most recent versions.
Update DirectX and Visual C++ redistributables
Verify that the Visual C++ Redistributables and DirectX Redistributables are both updated.
Update your Windows
It makes sense to update Windows as well. The same updates are frequently required for modern games to function, and Need for Speed Unbound is no exception.
- Enter “Update” in Windows Search, then select Check for Updates.
- You can ensure you are running the most recent version by clicking this to be directed to the Windows Update section.
Switch to dedicated GPU (Laptop Users)
Make sure to use your dedicated GPU rather than the integrated one.
Switching to the Dedicated NVIDIA GPU
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel first.
- Then go to 3D Settings, and after that Control 3D settings.
- Need for Speed Unbound can be selected from the dropdown menu under the tab “Program Settings”.
- Next, choose the second dropdown’s recommended graphics processor for this program.
- Your GPU from NVIDIA should appear as a high-performance processor.
- Save your changes.
Switching to the Dedicated AMD GPU
- Open Radeon Settings first.
- Next, select Preferences and then Additional Settings.
- Select Power here, and then Settings for Switchable Graphics Applications.
- From the list of applications, pick Need for Speed Unbound.
- Click the Add Application button and choose the executable from the installation location if Need for Speed Unbound isn’t already listed. The game is now added to the list, and you can choose it from there.
- Give the game the High Performance profile under Graphics Settings.
This article should have assisted in resolving the Need for Speed Unbound crash at launch problem.