Today we are going to show you how to delete a LastPass account. Have you decided to leave LastPass? It’s time to say goodbye by deleting your account. This way none of your passwords will be stored on LastPass servers.
You can delete your LastPass account even if you have lost access to your master password (as long as you have access to the email address you used to sign up for LastPass). In this guide, we will focus on how to delete your LastPass account if you know the master password.
How to delete a LastPass account?
It only takes a couple of clicks to complete this process. Once your LastPass account is deleted, you will lose access to all information stored in your account. All of your usernames, passwords, autofill data, and personal identifiers will be permanently deleted.
Before you begin, be sure to export your data from LastPass. Then, follow these steps:
When you are ready to delete your account, first log in to your LastPass account and then open LastPass’s Delete your account page.
- Then, in the “Delete your account” section, click the “Delete” button.
- LastPass will ask you if you remember your master password. Click the “Yes” button.
- At this point, LastPass will load a large pop-up message. If you have not already done so, you can click the “Export your data now” button to begin exporting LastPass data to a new tab.
- Next, enter your LastPass master password and email address. Select a reason to delete your account, then click the “Delete” button.
- LastPass will ask you if you are sure you want to delete your account. Here, click the “Yes” button.
- After that, LastPass will ask you for final confirmation if you are really sure you want to delete your account.
- Click the “Yes” button.
- Finally, you will be logged out of LastPass and the website will inform you that your account has been permanently deleted. Once this is done, passwords cannot be recovered. Click the “OK” button to return to the LastPass home page.
This way you’ve learned how to delete a LastPass account. As you can see it is not a hard process.