If you don’t know how to find someone on TikTok without knowing the username, we are going to help you out. TikTok is possibly the most attractive social network right now on the planet. With a community that exceeds 800 million monthly active users, it is hard to believe that its pace will stop any time soon.
Because it’s so popular, it’s only natural that everyone wants to be part of the trend, and your friends are likely to be there too. So you don’t want to be left out of the loop, as it will be fun to share your content with them or make duos to grow within the platform.
That is why, if you are just starting out on the social network, you need to learn how to find someone on TikTok without knowing the username.
What are the ways to find someone on TikTok?
If you want to find someone or search for friends on TikTok without knowing their username, there are four methods:
- With their username on TikTok.
- Scanning the TikTok QR code.
- Through your mobile contact list.
- Through your Facebook friends.
All iPhone and iPad users can search on TikTok while on FaceTime if you got the updated version of iOS 15.1.
How to find someone on TikTok without knowing the username?
Now, let’s say you want to search for your friends on TikTok but you don’t know their username, what can you do? Very simple, follow the steps that we are going to mention below:
- Launch the TikTok application with your account.
- Go to the magnifying glass icon to perform a search.
- Now, click on the icon on the right side of the search bar and accept the permissions.
- At this point, you just have to place the camera of your mobile over the QR code of your friend for the application to recognize it.
- Finally, your friend’s TikTok profile will appear and you just have to press the “Follow” button.
If you have that person’s phone number registered in your mobile contacts, then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the TikTok app.
- Go to the “Me” section at the bottom of your screen and then choose the avatar icon with the “+” symbol at the top left.
- Now, choose the “Search contacts” option. A window will appear indicating that by connecting your phone number to your TikTok account you can be found by your friends, just accept and you will see the contacts that have their phone number registered.
- Go to the TikTok App with your user account.
- Click on the “Me” icon at the bottom and then go to the avatar icon with the “+” symbol at the top left.
- Choose the “Search for Facebook friends” option.
- Log in with your Facebook account and continue the process.
- You will then be presented with a list of all Facebook friends who have a TikTok account.
- Just click on the “Follow” option to add them.
If all of the above options fail, you can also try looking up the public records of the person using their name and location. Using online tools (such as Information’s people search) you can find all of the social media profiles that are connected to a specific person.
As you can see, these are very simple alternatives that will allow you to connect with your friends or other users within the TikTok platform quickly and easily, even without knowing what their username is.