If you don’t know how to change the startup animation of a Xiaomi smartphone, we are going to help you out. The software of your Xiaomi phone can be fully customized thanks to all the configuration options offered by MIUI.
The process is very simple, and you won’t even need third-party applications or tools. You will only have to follow a few simple steps that we are going to detail below.
How to change the startup animation of a Xiaomi smartphone?
In order to customize the boot animation of Xiaomi mobiles, you have to have the themes app that comes included in MIUI.
Many of the themes available in the store – including the free ones – feature custom loading animations, different from the ones included in MIUI by default.
To change the startup animation you don’t need root permissions. Just follow these steps:
- Open the “Themes” app on your Xiaomi phone with MIUI.
- Search for a theme that includes a boot animation different from the original one. The most difficult step in this process will be to find those themes with loading animations included, as there is no way to filter the themes to show only those with an animation.
- If you want to apply the entire theme, just tap on access to the chosen theme and tap “Download”.
- To customize the theme, go back to the main screen of the MIUI “Themes” app, and tap on the icon representing a person in the lower right corner of the screen. From there, tap on “Customize theme”.
- Tap on “Startup animation” and select the downloaded theme to choose the animation.
If you want to see what the new system startup screen looks like, just restart your phone. It is worth mentioning that, in some cases, the animations also include custom sound effects that you can modify through the theme settings.