Find out how to hide apps on iOS and Android by following this tutorial. Nobody wants to see unnecessary apps on the home screen of a smartphone. So if you want to hide some of them, keep reading. The best part is, it doesn’t matter if you use an Android smartphone or iPhone.
How to hide apps on Android?
To hide applications on a device with an Android operating system we have different methods that depend on the type of application and the version of the operating system. Follow the instructions below.
Hide applications with user profiles
A quick way to hide applications when we lend our smartphone is to use different user profiles that we have since the Android 5.0 Lollipop version. To create a new user profile, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the “Users” option where you will see all currently active profiles.
- Click on Add User.
- Configure it with your own email address or leave it as “Guest”
Every time you want to lend your phone while keeping your apps hidden, remember to go to the notifications panel and tap the corresponding icon to switch users: having a Guest user is always a good idea.
Disable system apps to make them disappear
If what you want is to hide a system application that you do not use, the process will be a little different because they will still appear in all user profiles. you can disable them easily:
- Go to “Settings” and look for the “Applications” option.
- Within the list of apps, select the one you want to hide.
- Tap on “Disable”. The app will disappear from the screen, although it will continue to be available in the “Disabled” apps section, ready for you to re-enable it whenever you want.
Some Android customization layers include a launcher that allows you to hide applications directly. For example, Samsung devices have this option enabled. In this case, you can hide applications very easily from the launcher that comes with the mobile phone. The steps will change slightly from one mobile phone to another, although the instructions are similar:
- Inside the App Drawer, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Settings Home screen.”
- Find the “Hide apps” option and tap it.
- Select all the apps you want to hide and tap on “Apply” in the top right corner.
Use a third-party launcher such as Nova Launcher
If the launcher that comes with your phone does not include the option to hide apps, you can always use a third-party launcher. Nova Launcher is one of the most popular solutions and it gives us the option to hide apps:
- Go into Nova Launcher settings.
- Tap on “App drawer.”
- Tap on “Hide apps.”
- Select the apps you want to hide.
How to hide apps on iOS?
Luckily, the process of hiding apps on an iPhone or iPad is easier. Just follow these steps:
- Perform a long tap on the app you want to delete.
- Press the (-) button next to the app you want to hide.
- Choose “Remove from the home screen” from the menu.