In some situations, you might see a message on WhatsApp saying “You’re temporarily banned from WhatsApp,” if you want to solve this and activate your account again we are going to show you how to do it. But why do you see this message? This mostly happens when you use third-party applications.
The company doesn’t want you to use third-party apps and therefore the company prohibits those apps for security reasons. Apps like WhatsApp Plus and GBWhatsApp are actually the modified versions of the official app. What happens if you use them and receive this message?
How to solve the “You’re temporarily banned from WhatsApp” error?
If you use one of these apps you should know that they want you to save your conversation history before downloading the official app. Facebook clearly indicates that it does not support unofficial apps in its official FAQ.
If you use GBWhatsApp follow these steps:
- Inside the app, click More Options -> Chats -> Back up.
- Go to Phone settings -> Storage -> Files.
- Find the GBWhatsApp directory, tap and hold to select it.
- At the top tap More -> rename -> Rename the directory as WhatsApp.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official app.
- Install it, verify your phone number and it should find the backup in the next step. Press Restore and next.
- It should load the existing chats.
If you use WhatsApp Plus you don’t have to do anything like this because it saves the contents in the same path as WhatsApp would.
Now you just have to download the official version from Play Store, install it, and follow all the steps including restoring chats.
If you are not happy with using the official application there are always other alternatives like Signal and Telegram.