If you don’t know how to change the country in the Google Play Store, we are going to help you out. Some apps are available in some countries and not in others. Thus, in Google Play you only see the applications available in your own country.
For the past two years, Google Play has allowed you to change the country in your account to match where you live. This change has many limitations but is useful if you’ve moved to another country and want local applications to appear without the need for temporary tricks or fixes.
- How to activate Google Chrome notifications on Windows 10?
- How to completely deactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10?
- How to play PS5 games on a smartphone using Remote Play?
When you can change the country in Google Play?
Some applications and games are launched in Google Play first in some countries. If you are looking to change the Google Play country to download an application available in another region, this method will not work for you: this method only works when you have moved to another country. But you can try the Aurora Store instead.
How to change the country in the Google Play Store?
The good news is that, if you qualify, the process is fairly easy. First, you must click the ☰ button in the search bar to display the side panel. In that menu, enter the Account section.
On the screen that opens you can see which country your Google Play account is associated with and, if you meet the requirements, a section will be shown just below to switch to the Play Store version of your new country. You can’t choose which one, Google Play detects it automatically. The requirements for this section to appear are the following:
- According to your IP address, you are in a different country.
- You shouldn’t have changed your Google Play country in the last year.
- You should have the possibility to use a payment method in that country (credit card, Paypal, etc.).
- Your account shouldn’t be associated with a family group from another country.
If you fulfill the requirements, the next step is to choose the new payment method. Depending on the method you choose, the next step will be verifying it.
Then all you have to do is wait. According to Google, the process can take between 24 and 48 hours. You will lose your balance, although it will remain “saved” in your account, so if you later (in a year or more) return to the previous country, your balance should still be there.