In this article, we will tell you how to play PS5 games on a smartphone using Remote Play.
If you don’t know how to play PS5 games on a smartphone, it is possible thanks to Remote Play feature. You can also play the PlayStation 5 using your mobile, either an Android or an iPhone. It doesn’t matter how far away you are, as long as you have a good Internet connection: just set up your PlayStation, download an application and link the DualSense to your phone.
- How to activate or deactivate Google Discover on Android?
- How to report a message or profile on Whatsapp?
- How to set a bedtime reminder on YouTube?
How to play PS5 games on a smartphone using Remote Play?
Sony released the PS Remote application with the PS4. This app allowed us to play PlayStation games on the mobile, although the option was limited to some Sony Xperia smartphones. After the release of the Remote Play the rest of Android, and also the iPhone, became portable game consoles. With this background, Sony also included the latest PS5 into the Remote Play feature.
First, you should download and install the PS Remote Play app. Then follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS5 and go to the settings.
- Go to ‘System’ and go to ‘Remote Play’.
- Click on ‘Enable Remote Play’ this way, your mobile phone can find the PlayStation.
- Then, go to ‘Energy saving’, enter ‘Features Available in Rest Mode’, and check the option ‘Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network’.
- Click on ‘Link Device’.
- Now open the PS Remote Play application on your mobile and log in to your PSN account.
- Choose “Connect to your PS5.” The application will search for the console on the Internet. If it doesn’t find it (most likely) the app will ask you to enter the eight-digit code that appears in the ‘Link Device’ option of your PS5.
- Once PS Remote finds the PS5 your mobile should show the screen in streaming. You can play with the virtual controller, although it is best to link the Dual Sense to the phone to play more comfortably. To do this, press and hold the ‘Share’ button and the PS button until the light on the remote flashes; search the Bluetooth connections on your mobile for a new game controller, and synchronize the controller with the phone.
The resolution of the streaming video will be 720p. The response time is not bad at all (depends on internet latency). It’s worth trying.