Instagram groups can be a really easy way to communicate, we are going to talk about everything you need to know about them. Instagram groups are nothing more than conversations in which we can invite friends who follow us to maintain the same conversation among all.
How to create an Instagram group?
The way to create a group is very simple, we just have to do the following:
- We enter the Instagram mobile application.
- Then click on the button at the top right in the shape of a triangle, to enter the Messages.
- Once inside we click on the pencil icon, located at the top right.
- Now we have the possibility to indicate to which contact or contacts we want to send our message. By choosing several contacts what we are doing is creating a group.
- When we have chosen all the contacts, we just click on Chat and write the message we want.
- This message will be sent to all the contacts we have selected, forming a group in which everyone can participate.
Not only can we write between all those in the group, but we can also make a live video chat by clicking on the button at the top right, in the shape of a camera.
Once we have created the group, we will be able to manage it in different ways. We will have certain options that we will be able to activate as we need.
To do this we have to click on the button with an “i” surrounded by a circle that is at the top right of the group room.
Once we are inside we will see a series of options that can be very interesting:
- Mute messages: with this option, we will not receive any notification of messages from the group, but if we are mentioned we will be notified.
- Mute mentions: we will not receive any type of notifications if we are mentioned in the group.
- Mute call notifications: this way, if someone makes a video chat, we will not receive that notification, so we will not be able to answer it or participate.
- Move to “General”: we will be able to move this group chat to the General section, without the rest of the group members knowing it. We also have the option to redo these changes and return to the same place where it was.
What to do if we do not want to join the groups?
If we do not want to join groups, we have a simple way to prevent this:
- We open the Instagram app and enter our profile, clicking on the bottom left photo of the screen.
- Now it’s time to click on the three vertical stripes at the top right of the screen.
- We click on Settings, just below the tab that just came up.
- Next, we must click on Privacy and within this window, we click on Messages.
- Now we must look for the option Allow others to add you to groups. You will see that we have two options, All or Only people you follow.
- If you do not want to see yourself in groups of people you do not know, the best option is Only people you follow.
As you can see there is no way within Instagram to not get us into any group, but we can limit it to only those people we trust since they are the ones we follow.
What are Instagram Pods?
Maybe sometime when searching for something related to Instagram groups, you have seen the concept of Instagram Pods appear and you doubt whether it is a type of group or not. Well, Instagram Pods is an association or community of users that support each other to try to help each other grow within the social network, collaborating with each other.
This is achieved by creating groups in which everyone follows everyone else and everyone likes everyone else’s photos or videos
We can say that this system has positive and negative parts for any Instagram account. Among the advantages, we can say that we get better interaction on our posts.
But on the negative side, we have to require a lot of time to perform all tasks, if the group is very large you will have to give like to each of the photos or videos of others. In addition, the application’s analytics data will no longer be real.