Today we are going to show you how to edit an Instagram story after posting it. If you have published an Instagram story, but you have made a mistake you should know that Instagram allows you to edit stories after they have been published.
Although it will almost always be more convenient to delete the story and upload it again, sometimes the option to edit a story can be very useful. Let us explain how you can use it.
How to edit an Instagram story after posting it?
It is worth mentioning that, as of today, Instagram does not allow you to make changes to images or videos uploaded to stories. Therefore, if you want to make any kind of adjustment to the image or video in question, you will have to delete the content and republish it. Remember that, before doing so, you can save the edited image through Instagram.
However, if you want to make any changes to the post itself, Instagram does offer some adjustments that could be useful.
Among the options for editing stories offered by Instagram, it is possible to modify the visibility settings of posts, allow or block responses to stories, and the option for other people to share them with third parties. Follow these steps:
- Tap on your Instagram profile image in the stories.
- Go to the story you want to edit by tapping on the left or right side of the screen.
- Now, tap on the three-dot icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on “Story settings”.
From that menu, you will be able to access all the story editing settings to change the parameters of your stories.
How to edit Highlight stories on Instagram?
Instagram has also allowed us to keep our stories pinned to our profile. Thanks to this feature we make sure that our best stories always remain on our profile, available to all those people who want to see our posts.
These types of stories can also be edited. To do this, you just have to follow a simple process:
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hold your finger on the Highlight you want to edit.
- In the menu that will appear at the bottom, choose the “Edit Highlight” option.
When you choose this option, the editing window will open. You can edit the cover photo of the story, change the title or delete and add images or videos.