The Instagram Reels feature is new, but if you’re already want a ticket out, you can read our delete/disable guide.
With TikTok being very popular, a bunch of apps are working hard to replace the viral video app. Instagram has launched Instagram Reels in an app that people already use, and it will probably be the most popular feature among TikTok competitors.
However, if you are not a fan of TikTok, we doubt you will like Reels as well. In this article, we explain how to delete or disable Instagram’s new feature Reels. Also, how to remove an uploaded Reels video step by step.
How to disable or delete Instagram Reels?
There’s only one way to disable Instagram Reels, and it’s actually not a complete solution, but if you don’t want to see Instagram Reels videos, you have no other choice. For that, follow the steps below.
- Log into your Instagram account from any browser. You can do this in any mobile browser or any desktop web browser such as Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox.
- You will notice that when you visit Instagram in a browser, Reels videos will not appear in the Explore tab.
- Even if you visit any Instagram profile, you will see that the Reels tab is missing. If you don’t mind using Instagram via your phone or computer’s browser, this is the only way to avoid Reels from now on.
- How to measure blood oxygen level with Apple Watch?
- How to hide your number on Android or iPhone?
- How to turn Instagram notifications on or off?
How to delete Instagram Reels videos?
If you are not against using Instagram Reels and you actually liked the new feature, you can post short videos on your Instagram account. How to make an Instagram Reels video, we have already explained. However, if you decide you don’t like the Reels video after posting it, follow these steps to delete it or remove it from the platform.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Enter the Reels tab and select the video you want to delete.
- Open the video> tap the three dots icon> tap Delete.
It is possible to remove Instagram Reels video from profile by following this simple method.