Huawei continues to update its devices with EMUI 11 and P30 and P30 Pro the next models to receive new features of the interface. These devices are the last ones to have Google services among high-end models. Since the latest version, EMUI 11.1, will arrive next month, before all smartphones are upgraded to Harmony OS 2.0.
Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are starting to receive EMUI 11 globally
These two mobile devices came to the market with EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9, then upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and later to EMUI 10.1. The Chinese manufacturer started testing EMUI 11 on the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro in November last year and after finishing its beta testing, the company started releasing the final version to users around the world.
Huawei P30 or P30 Pro owners are already receiving EMUI 11 with version 22.214.171.124 and which has a 1.81GB size. It should be noted that the EMUI 11 release is at an early stage and may take some time to reach all devices.
How to install EMUI 11 if you don’t get the update automatically?
If for some reason the update to EMUI 11 does not come to you automatically, you can check if you have it available, manually, by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on System and updates.
- Click on Software update and then Check for updates.
- If there is any pending update, a pop-up window will appear with a Download and install button.
- Click on this button and it will start downloading the new software version.
- Then, we will be asked to restart the smartphone for the changes to be applied.