If you don’t know how to reduce the streaming quality on Netflix, we are going to help you out. In order to save mobile data, you might want to reduce the quality. It is possible on Netflix, and the process is really simple so just keep reading.
- How to change the country in the Google Play Store?
- How to use hidden Samsung keyboard gestures?
- How to hide WhatsApp profile picture from specific contacts?
How to reduce the streaming quality on Netflix?
Being homebound really increases our internet usage during COVID-19 times. Many of the activities we carry out these days, especially those dedicated to entertainment, involve making significant use of the internet.
For this reason, it is essential that we do our part to reduce the consumption of resources and allow the Internet to continue to function normally. In addition to the reduction in quality carried out by the platform itself, you can also reduce the resolution of the content you are going to see on Netflix in order to consume less. Step by step, we are going to explain:
- Open Netflix, either on your computer or your mobile. If you do it from your computer, you must place the mouse over your profile photo in the upper right corner and click on the “Account” option in the menu that appears.
On the other hand, if you want to reduce the quality of streaming from the Netflix app, you must click on the “More” tab in the lower right corner and scroll down until you find the option “Account”, which you must select.
- This will open the web page where you can configure all the settings of your Netflix account. In this case, the important section is “My profile”, where you can change various settings related to your profile. Within “My profile”, the option you have to click is “Playback settings”, which will allow you to change the resolution of the content you play.
- By selecting “Playback Settings”, you will enter the menu where you can set up the automatic playback controls and data usage, the latter is the option that allows you to change the streaming quality. You have 4 options: Automatic (default data usage and video quality), Low (basic video quality, up to 0.3 GB per hour), Medium (standard video quality, up to 0.7 GB per hour), High (optimal video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD).
The recommended choice is the medium, a standard video quality like the one that YouTube has set as default for all its videos. In summary, reducing the quality of streaming on Netflix is useful, and the process is simple.