If you don’t know how to improve the music quality on Spotify, we are going to help you with this guide. Spotify is by far the most popular and used streaming service in the world. Even though Spotify is not the music service with the most extensive library, it still offers interesting options for sharing, discovering, and improving the music listening experience.
- How to tell if someone is using your Netflix or Spotify account?
- Google Nest is now compatible with Apple Music
- YouTube Music 2020 summary: How can you see your songs of the year?
In the application’s configuration, we find a good amount of options that each user can adjust based on their needs, and music quality is one of them. Until a few months ago Spotify used the OGG Vorbis format, however, now the company uses AAC as in Apple Music and YouTube Music, which offers better quality.
How to improve the music quality on Spotify?
This option can be modified from the computer, tablet, and smartphones, but if you use the web player you will not be able to configure the music quality. It is also important to mention that the music quality can be modified regardless of whether you are a premium or free user, although there are differences in the bit rate.
For example, users who use Spotify for free can only listen to music at a 128KB/s maximum speed on the web player, while on other devices they will be able to modify between 24KB/s and 160KB/s. Premium users are able to listen to music in the web player at 256KB/s, and on other devices they will be able to vary between 24KB/s and 320KB/s.
To change the music quality (regardless of whether you pay or not) you must follow these steps:
- Click on the home menu and go to the settings option.
- Now look for “Music Quality” and select the bit rate you want to listen to.
- The higher the bit rate is the higher the audio quality will be, but also data consumption will increase.
This way you’ve learned how to improve the music quality on Spotify.