How to block direct messages on Instagram? Without a doubt, Instagram has become one of the most popular social networks in our society. Millions of people all over the world use this platform to communicate with each other. But sometimes, some rude people might disturb you and you might want to prevent them from sending direct messages to you. Instagram allows you to block direct messages so people won’t be bothering you. We are going to show you how.
- How to add a cover image to your Instagram videos?
- How to see the posts you’ve liked on Instagram?
- Instagram 10th anniversary update: What’s new?
How to block direct messages on Instagram?
If you are tired of direct messages on Instagram, then you’ve come to the right place. However, you should be aware that this method not only stops you from receiving direct messages from a specific person but also stops you from seeing their posts, photos, content, and everything else related to that user.
It should also be noted that this is the only way to block addresses on Instagram by blocking a specific user’s account. At this point, the platform offers no other way to prevent messages from reaching you. Although many users have asked the creators of this social network for a way to only block messages, they haven’t brought this feature yet. If you want to block strangers from sending you direct messages on Instagram follow these simple steps:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Find the profile of the person that you want to block.
- When you’re tin, click the menu in the upper-right corner.
- Several options will appear, select “Block” and you’re done. By doing this you will be blocking that user from your Instagram, so you will not be able to see their posts or receive their messages.
How do I avoid receiving direct message notifications?
You don’t want to block anyone, but you’re too bothered with the notifications? Then this is the best thing you can do.
- Log into the Instagram application on your mobile device.
- Go to the “Direct Messages” section.
- Find the messages that you want to ignore.
- Press and hold those conversations and several options will appear.
- Press the “Mute Messages” option.
When you do this, you will no longer receive annoying direct message notifications on Instagram. Also, keep in mind that received messages will be there, marked as “unread” and this person will be able to know when you are online. This way you learned how to block direct messages on Instagram, as you can see it is a really easy task if you follow the steps correctly.