How to hide your phone number in Telegram? Telegram allows you to hide your phone number. And you can hide your phone number from specific people too. This way your phone number will be visible to those you want to show. The messaging platform, which stands out for its security and privacy settings, offers an interesting tool and we are going to show how it works.
- How to create and join a Telegram group?
- How to create and join a Telegram channel?
- How to create stickers for Telegram?
Next, we are going to see step by step how you can use this privacy setting to hide your phone number on Telegram.
By the way, this is one of the differences that separate WhatsApp and Telegram in 2020, since on the first platform you always have access to the phone number of the users that you talk to, and the other way around.
How to hide your phone number in Telegram?
The phone number is a necessary data to register on most of the social platforms that you use every day, such as Telegram itself, WhatsApp or Google. And the fact is your personal number means of direct contact with you. You might want to hide it for security purposes.
As we have already mentioned, Telegram lets you hide your number. The best part is you can choose who can see your number and who can not.
The steps you must follow to hide your number on Telegram and only be seen by whoever you want are:
- Open Telegram and click on the button with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to display the menu.
- In the options menu, click on Settings.
- Within Settings, click on Privacy and security.
- In the new menu, click on the Phone number.
- Select who can see your phone number: Everyone, My Contacts, or Nobody. Then add the exceptions if there are any
The changes will automatically be saved and only those you have chosen will be able to see your phone number. So you can take full advantage of one of the best privacy features of Telegram.