How to change app icons of your iPhone? iOS 14 is now like Android and lets you customize the iPhone home page, we will tell you how to do it. Now with the iOS 14, you are able to change the icons completely, and you can have a unique home screen. We are not talking about widgets and stuff, we are talking about having a completely changed theme.
- What is App Library and how to use it on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- How the compact call interface works on iPhone? [iOS 14]
- How to use iPhone Back Tap custom controls? [iOS 14]
How to change app icons of your iPhone? [iOS 14]
To do this, the procedure is more complex than on Android, where it is just enough to apply a skin or download an icon pack. On iOS, you have to change the design of each icon and each widget one by one until you have your home screen as you request. Let’s start with the icons:
- First of all, what you have to do is locate and select the photos you want to use as icons, either from your album or by downloading them from the internet (on Pinterest or Trumbl, for example).
- Open the Shortcuts app , click on the icon (+)> ‘Add action’> ‘Scripts’> ‘Open app’.
You press where it says ‘Select’, you choose an app from the menu and you touch the icon with the three dots.
- In the new window, put the name of the shortcut “example name”, click on ‘Add to home screen ‘, change the name to “example name” again and click on the icon next to it.
- In the drop-down menu, tap on ‘Select photo’ and choose the one you want from your gallery. Finally, click on ‘Add’ and, automatically, the new icon will appear on the home screen.
- To do this, we download an app for this function, such as ‘Widgetsmith’ or ‘Photo Widget’. The most popular right now is ‘Widgetsmith’.
- We choose size of the widgets: Small, Medium or Large, select one and click on ‘Default Widget’.
The last step that we have to do is change the background image of the home screen. To do this, as we already know, we go to ‘Settings’> ‘Wallpaper’, ‘Select new background’ and choose one of the images that we have in the gallery. In this article you learned how to change app icons of your iPhone?