ASUS ZenFone 7 is the new series of smartphones that the Taiwanese manufacturer has just introduced. It’s not as extreme as the ROG Phone 3, but it maintains its great features and uses a just great motorized camera.
ASUS ZenFone 7 specs
ASUS ZenFone 7 comes in two versions “Standard” and “Pro”. If other manufacturers opt for mini versions of their top of the range, ASUS puts all the meat on the grill in both versions, starting by including the same screen, a 6.67-inch AMOLED, a native resolution of 2,400 x 1,080 pixels and a frequency refresh rate increased to 90 Hz.
In terms of their hardware engines, both models rely on Qualcomm’s most powerful chipset. The standard version bets on the Snapdragon 865 and the Pro version raises the bar with the Snapdragon 865+. Both offer great potential and support for 5G networks.
The amount of RAM to choose from in the base model is 6GB or 8GB and its storage capacity is 128GB. The Pro version is sold in a single configuration with 8GB of LPDDR5 memory and 256 GB for storage. Both under the UFS 3.1 interface and with the possibility of expansion through microSD cards.
Special mention for its ‘Flip Camera’ camera system. ASUS repeats the motorized hinge design of the ZenFone 6, but improving the optics. We love these types of designs, truly innovative and that provide direct benefits beyond marketing. Not only does it completely clear the screen without the hideous holes and notches, but it raises the quality of front selfie shots exponentially.
For the occasion, ASUS mounts triple sensor with a main Sony IMX686 64 megapixel (4-axis optical image stabilizer in the Pro model), 8MP telephoto lens (3x optical zoom in the Pro model) with a total zoom of up to 12x and another 12MP ultrawide sensor. In video, you can record clips in 8K resolutions at 30fps. Good set of optics and with the aforementioned advantage: you can take rear and front shots with the same performance.
- First iPhone 12 Pro Max leak shows 120 Hz screen and LiDAR-assisted autofocus
- Samsung Galaxy M51 specifications leaked
- Google Pixel 5 release date leaked from Google France
The main features are completed with a large capacity battery with Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging and PD charging, stereo speakers or Wi-Fi 6, to highlight a few.
ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro specs
- Screen: 6.67-inch capacitive Super AMOLED. HDR10 + Refresh rate 90 Hz
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels. Ratio 20: 9. Density 395ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Eight 64-bit cores (1×3.1GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1. Expandable with microSD cards
- Cameras: Triple sensor with Sony optics. Main 64MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72 ″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS. Telephoto with 8MP, f/2.4, OIS, 3x optical zoom. Ultra wide 12MP, f/2.2. Video 8K @30fps, 4K @30/60/120fps and HDR
- Connectivity: 5G. Wi-Fi 6. Bluetooth 5.0. A-GPS. Dual SIM. USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165.1×77.3×9.6mm
- Weight: 230g
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh with 30W fast charge
ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro pre-installs Android 10 with the ASUS ZenUI 7 layer. It is available in Taiwan in black and white finishes for an exchange rate of $953. It should reach the international market in September with an official price to be announced.
The standard version of the ASUS ZenFone 7 has a price to change of $749 with the commented characteristics of reduction in memory, storage or camera system.