If you are facing Resident Evil 4 Remake not working issues on your PC, despite meeting the system requirements, then you need to take some steps. This article will outline the steps you need to take and explain why this issue is happening.
If you want to enjoy the new Resident Evil 4 Remake with its modern graphics and storyline, it can be frustrating when the game doesn’t launch on your PC, and this problem is not uncommon, even on high-end computers.
Why is Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on your PC?
Some common causes of this issue include not meeting the system requirements, problems with graphics card drivers, missing or corrupted game components such as Visual C++ packages and DirectX, and third-party services such as antivirus and firewall software.
Before following the main solutions on Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on PC, try these quick steps:
Check system requirements: Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run the game. Even if your PC can run the game, it may crash randomly if it does not meet the recommended system requirements.
The minimum systems requirements for Resident Evil 4 Remake are as follows:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel Core i5-7500
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM
- Dedicated video card RAM: 4096 MB
- Pixel Shaders: 5.1
- Vertex Shaders: 5.1
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Disable Antivirus and Firewall: Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall to see if they are blocking the game’s operation.
Check for disk-related issues: Ensure that your PC’s hard drive or SSD is not having any disk-related problems, as this may prevent the game from launching.
How to fix Resident Evil 4 Remake not working issues on PC?
Here are the main solutions to fix Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on PC:
- Run RE 4 Remake as an administrator
- Update the graphics card driver
- Install missing game components
- Clear Steam download cache
- Tweak graphics preference
- Repair game files
- Run in clean boot
Run RE 4 Remake as an administrator
You might be encountering the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on PC issue because your PC user profile might not have the required permissions to run the game.
To run Resident Evil 4 Remake as an administrator, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Resident Evil 4 Remake shortcut or executable file
- Select “Run as administrator” from the context menu
- If prompted by User Account Control, click “Yes” to allow the program to make changes to your computer
The game should now launch with administrative privileges, which can help to avoid certain issues related to permissions and security settings. This can be the most simple yet effective fix for Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC issue.
Update the graphics card driver
Updating your graphics card driver can fix many issues related to game performance and compatibility.
Here are the steps to update your graphics card driver to fix issues with Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on your PC:
- Open your web browser and go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer. Some common graphics card manufacturers are Nvidia, AMD, and Intel
- Once you are on the website, look for the drivers or downloads section
- Find the appropriate driver for your graphics card model and operating system. Make sure to download the latest version
- After downloading the driver, close all programs and applications on your computer
- Run the downloaded file to start the installation process
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard to complete the installation
Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. Launch Resident Evil 4 Remake and check if the issue has been resolved.
Install missing game components
Make sure that you have installed all the required game components, such as Visual C++ packages and DirectX to avoid the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC. If any of these are missing or corrupted, the game may not launch.
Below, you can find the links related to game components’ updates.
- Update Visual C++ packages
- Update DirectX
Clear Steam download cache
Clear the Steam download cache, as a corrupted cache may prevent the game from launching.
To clear the Steam download cache, you can follow these steps:
- Open Steam and click on “Steam” in the upper left corner of the window
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”
In the Settings window, click on “Downloads” from the left-hand menu
- Under the “Downloads” section, choose the option for “Clear Download Cache”
- A confirmation window will pop up. Click “OK” to confirm that you want to clear the download cache
- Steam will close and the download cache will be cleared. When you open Steam again, it will recreate the necessary files
After completing these steps, try downloading the game again and see if the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC issue has been resolved.
Tweak graphics preference
Set the graphics preference to “High performance” in the Windows settings for the game.
Repair game files
If you are still encountering the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC issue, it is time to use the Steam desktop app to verify the integrity of game files and repair any corrupted files.
To repair the Resident Evil 4 Remake game files on Steam, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam client and go to your library
- Right-click on Resident Evil 4 Remake and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu
- In the Properties window, go to the “Local Files” tab
- Click on the “Verify integrity of game files” button
- Wait for Steam to verify the game files. This may take a few minutes
- Once the verification is complete, any missing or corrupted files will be downloaded and replaced automatically
After completing these steps, try launching Resident Evil 4 Remake again to see if the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC issue has been resolved.
Run in clean boot
Perform a clean boot of Windows to identify any third-party services or apps that may be causing the game to not launch.
Performing a clean boot of Windows can help identify and resolve conflicts that may be causing issues with Resident Evil 4 Remake not working. Here are the steps to perform a clean boot:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type “msconfig” and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window
- Click on the Services tab
- Check the box for “Hide all Microsoft services“
- Click on “Disable all” to disable all third-party services
- Click on the Startup tab
- Click on “Open Task Manager“
- Disable all startup items by selecting each one and clicking on “Disable”
- Close Task Manager
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click on “OK”
- Restart your computer
After your computer restarts, launch Resident Evil 4 Remake to see if the Resident Evil 4 Remake not working on the PC issue is resolved. If the game works correctly, then one or more of the disabled services or startup items may have been causing the problem.
You can then re-enable them one by one to determine which one was causing the issue.
If none of the above solutions work, you can also consider re-installing the game or updating Windows to the latest version. By following these steps, you can fix the problem and enjoy playing Resident Evil 4 Remake on your PC.