Some of the Sims 4 all infant milestones are easier to obtain than others. We will talk about how to get all the milestones added to the latest expansion pack.
Finally, infants have been added to the game, and thanks to the Growing Together expansion pack, we get more milestones. The new feature isn’t only for infants, but today we will specifically cover Sims 4 all infant milestones as there are plenty.
Sims 4 all infant milestones: How many milestones are there?
Before counting all the infant milestones, let’s examine how many main categories welcome us. With the latest Growing Together expansion pack, Sims 4, all infant milestones are listed under five categories: Fine Motor, Firsts, Gross Motor, Life, and Social. Except for “Life,” each category requires a different set of completed activities to be unlocked.
These categories include 31 milestones in total. Except for “Life,” every other category is ordered chronologically. That is because everything starts with giving birth or opening your eyes for the first time in your life. Infants have two different milestones than regular Sims; Fine Motor and Gross Motor.
Below you can find the Sims 4 all infant milestones, chronologically ordered:
- Life: Only one milestone can be obtained under the Life category, but it could be named differently according to your preference. If you choose to give birth in a hospital, the milestone’s name will appear as “Born at Hospital.” Otherwise, it will be named “Born.”
- Firsts: First Visitors, First Bath, First Bubble Bath, First Baby Food, Slept Through the Night, First Finger Food, First Diaper Blowout, Peed on Caregiver
- Social (Chronologically): First Smiled, Learned to Coo, Learned to Laugh, Learned to Babble, Learned to Blow Kiss, Learned Peek-A-Boo
- Fine Motor (Chronologically): Learned to Reach, Learned to Grab, Put Toe In Mouth, Learned To Wave, Learned To Clap, Learned Pincher Grasp
- Gross Motor (Chronologically): Lifted Head, Rolled Over to Back, Rolled Over to Tummy, Learned to Creep, Learned to Sit Up, Pulled To Stand, Learned To Dance, Learned To Crawl
How to unlock all milestones?
Each milestone requires different actions. Some of them are necessary for the development of an infant before moving on to the next. You can compare it to crawling before walking. As each category contains different milestones, you must complete different actions with your baby to help its development.
Most milestones in the “Firsts” category are achieved naturally. With most of them being related to their basic needs, it is easy to reach a certain point, but things will get harder after that. Some of the milestones, like trying baby food and finger food, are linked to other categories; Fine Motor and Gross Motor. Besides, you must be patient and closely watch the child’s development.
Social milestones are mainly obtained by observing the infant’s relationship with other Sims. You must complete the Socials category to get the Sims 4 all infant milestones.
The Fine Motor category focuses on the infant’s small muscle category, like hands and fingers. To unlock these milestones, you must give your child a toy to play with so that it will develop its hand and finger muscles.
Lastly, Gross Motor is the second “new” category added for infants. The milestones falling under this category are mostly visible infant development changes. To complete the category, you must regularly engage in “Play Tummy Together” activities.
Long story short, in Sims 4, all infant milestones require time and patience. You can also understand what to do by looking at the milestone’s name, as they are pretty obvious.
If you want to check our other guides and articles on Sims 4, feel free to click on the links below: