Are you one of those users who are dealing with the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue? You are not the only one. But don’t worry, we have some troubleshooting methods to help you out!
Several things can lead to a fast battery drain on your Fitbit Charge 5, such as background apps, outdated software, or excessive use of health tracking features. To resolve this issue, you will need to go through some troubleshooting steps.
The Fitbit Charge 5 is a top-performing fitness tracker on the market today. This latest generation device includes an EDA sensor which detects small changes in the sweat level of your skin to monitor your body’s stress response, an ECG app that detects atrial fibrillation (AFib) and other useful health tracking features. Now let’s learn how to fix the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue below.
Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain: How to fix it?
The Fitbit Charge 5 is a fitness tracker that you can wear all the time. It is small and lightweight, and also has a long battery life. A full charge on the Fitbit battery can last up to 7 days, but if you use the always-on display feature and frequently use the health tracking features, the battery life may be shorter.
If you are experiencing the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue, you’re not alone. If you’re facing this problem, here’s what you need to do to resolve it. Follow these steps in order to fix the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue:
- Fully charge the Fitbit Charge 5
- Restart the Fitbit Charge 5
- Disable Always-On Display on your Charge 5
- Disable unnecessary sensors on your Charge 5
- Update your device to the most recent version
- Perform a factory reset
- Contact Fitbit Help Center
Fully charge the Fitbit Charge 5
Maybe, the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue is occuring due to lack of full charge. A fully charged battery should last for up to 7 days and it takes around 1-2 hours to charge it completely.
To charge your Fitbit device, connect the charging cable to a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or any other low-energy charging device. Position the other end of the cable close to the port on the back of the tracker, and ensure it connects magnetically. Check that the pins on the charging cable align correctly with the port on the back of the device.
When the smartphone is fully charged, a solid battery icon will appear when you double-tap the screen to check the battery level. Check to see whether the battery drain problem still exists after the device has been fully charged.
Restart the Fitbit Charge 5
The Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain is sometimes related to software malfunction. Corrupted data may be the culprit. Restarting the fitness tracker can help get rid of this corrupted data. To restart the device, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the clock screen to access the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Restart Device.
- Tap Restart.
- Once the device has fully started, check if the issue still persists.
Disable Always-On Display on your Charge 5
The Always-on Display feature keeps the screen of the device always on, providing quick access to information. However, this feature can consume a significant amount of battery life. To improve battery life, try turning off this feature. Here’s how to disable Always-On-Display in order to fix the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue:
- Swipe down from the clock face to access quick settings.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap Display settings.
- Tap Always-on display.
- Tap Always-on display to turn it off.
Disable unnecessary sensors on your Charge 5
To prolong the battery life of the Fitbit Sense, you can turn off sensors that are not currently in use, such as GPS, Bluetooth, and other health monitoring sensors.
Update your device to the most recent version
To ensure optimal performance of your Fitbit Sense, it’s recommended to keep the device updated with the latest software version. Update your device in order to fix the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue:
- Open the Fitbit app on a connected phone.
- Tap the photo avatar on the top left side of the app.
- Scroll down and tap Help & Support.
- Tap Check for Charge 5 update.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts.
- After updating the device, check if the issue still persists.
Perform a factory reset
A factory reset can resolve the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue caused by corrupted software by erasing data stored on the device and restoring it to its default settings. Here’s how:
- Swipe down from the home screen/clock display to access the Settings app.
- Swipe up to reach the Device Info menu.
- Swipe up again to find the Clear User Data option.
- Tap and hold the Hold 3 sec button to initiate the factory reset process.
- Check if the issue persists after the factory reset.
Contact Fitbit Help Center
If none of the troubleshooting techniques mentioned above are successful in resolving the Fitbit Charge 5 battery drain issue, you will need to get in touch with Fitbit support.
After fixing the problem you might want to learn how to reply to a message from a Fitbit smartwatch by visiting our guide!