Is your Division 2 crashing? That’s not acceptable in 2023, that is why we’ve searched the internet and found some solutions.
Many gamers are complaining that Division 2 randomly freezes or crashes when they are playing it on Reddit and the Ubisoft forums. The PC version of Division 2 frequently crashes, especially for desktop gamers who have recently updated their Windows 10/11 or game patches.
Division 2 crashing: How to fix it (2023)?
Follow these steps if you are facing the “Division 2 crashing” error:
- Check system requirements
- Make sure your game is up to date
- Set the affinity of AntiEasyCheat to one core
- Verify integrity of game files
- Modify page file size
- Try Windows compatibility troubleshooter
- Disable unnecessary overlays
- Update your GPU driver
- Change in-game graphics settings
- Delete unnecessary DLL files
We have compiled the list of top troubleshooting to fix Division 2 freezing or crash errors after reading numerous forum topics.
Check system requirements
Before launching Division 2, make sure your computer matches the system requirements. Visit the official website to view the needed hardware. Your system may crash, freeze, or display a black screen if it doesn’t satisfy the criteria.
To play PC games smoothly, you can also update your gaming computer.
Make sure your game is up to date
Division 2’s developer frequently releases game updates to correct bugs and improve gameplay. Install the most recent game patch if the game keeps crashing. The game patch will be installed immediately if you are using Steam.
Set the affinity of AntiEasyCheat to one core
Users on Reddit suggested configuring AntiEasyCheat’s affinity. The issue that Division 2 continues crashing may be caused by incorrect settings. A preloaded application for this game is called AntiEasy Cheat.
To set the affinity, follow these instructions:
- Start Division 2 on your computer.
- Simply launch Task Manager while the game is running.
- To expand Task Manager, click the More information tab.
- Find the AntiEasyCheat entry in the list that is provided.
- Select this entry with the right mouse button, select Set CPU affinity, and then remove everything but CPU Core 1.
Verify integrity of game files
On occasion, game files on a computer become damaged or corrupted. Verify the integrity of the game files while running The Division 2 on Steam. This method analyzes the PC game files and compares them to the server game files. If a corrupt file is discovered, it will be replaced.
Steam users follow these steps:
- Start Steam.
- Select Library.
- Choose Properties by right-clicking Division 2.
- Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache under the LOCAL FILES tab.
- Finally, click CLOSE.
Uplay users follow these steps:
- Launch Uplay.
- Select the “Game” tab.
- Now click on the downward triangle that appears in the game tile’s lower-right corner.
- To verify files, select.
Epic Game launcher users follow these steps:
- Click on the Library after opening Launcher.
- Select the game, then select the cog symbol.
- To get things going, click Verify.
Modify page file size
Is your Division 2 crashing? Then, you might suspect that it might be due to insufficient RAM, you can try modifying the paging file as a potential solution. To confirm this is the issue, you can check the crash logs for an event called “Resource-Exhaustion-Detector.” If you find this event, you can try implementing the steps provided to see if it resolves the issue.
- Press Windows + I and go to System > About > Advanced System Settings.
- A new window called System Properties will open. Click on the Advanced tab, then click on Settings under the Performance section.
- This will open the Performance Options window. Click on the Advanced tab again, then click on Change under the Virtual Memory section.
- Check the box next to “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives,” then click OK.
- Restart the game and see if it is still crashing or freezing on your PC.
Try Windows compatibility troubleshooter
The Windows 10 compatibility troubleshooter is a built-in utility that checks for conflicts between certain program or game settings and the operating system. It can help identify and fix problems that may be causing issues with compatibility.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on TheDivision.exe and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, then click on Change high DPI settings.
- In the new window, check the box next to “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and select “Scaling performed by: Application.”
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Check the box next to “Disable full screen optimizations” and click OK.
Disable unnecessary overlays
The overlay feature in Steam can improve game performance, but it can also cause games to crash and freeze on PC. If you are using any overlay features, it is recommended to disable them.
Programs like Discord and MSI Afterburner also have overlay features like FPS counters, and these tools should be uninstalled from your PC, if you are dealing with the “Division 2 crashing” error.
Update your GPU driver
Having an updated graphics card is crucial for smooth and error-free gameplay on PC. The graphics card is a vital component of a computer that plays a significant role in rendering and displaying graphics for games. If you want to ensure that you don’t encounter any errors while playing games on your PC, it is essential to make sure that your graphics card is up to date.
This can help prevent issues related to compatibility and performance. If you have an outdated graphics card, it is recommended to consider upgrading to a newer model to improve your gaming experience.
Change in-game graphics settings
The “Division 2 crashing” problem can be resolved by lowering the game’s graphics settings. Edit these options:
- Open the game settings and go to the Graphics tab.
- Set Shadow Quality to Low.
- Set Spot Shadows to Low.
- Turn off Contact Shadows.
- Set Particle Detail to High.
- Set Reflection Quality to Low.
- Set Vegetation Quality to Medium.
- Turn off Local Reflection Quality.
- Set Ambient Occlusion to Medium.
- Set the value of Object Detail to 50.
- Set Terrain Quality to Medium.
- Save all the changes.
Delete unnecessary DLL files
You might also face the “Division 2 crashing” issue due to a useless DLL file located in the installation folder.
Additionally, the Anti Cheat Engine can generate meaningless DLL files. Locate the file tobii gameintegration x64.dll in the game installation folder, then use the right click menu to delete it?
This way you’ve probably solved the “Division 2 crashing” error! You can also explore the interesting mechanics related to the Proficiency Rank system in The Division 2 by visiting our guide!