The Fortnite party chat not working issue has been troubling some gamers out there for some time now. If you are experiencing the same issue, don’t worry; we have you covered!
No one does not know that speaking aloud is very important in competitive games. From informing your teammates about the opponent’s location to informing them of your next move, informing your team about many issues will take you one step ahead of other players.
Voice chat and multiplayer gaming go hand in hand; if your voice chat stops working for whatever reason, it is undoubtedly a horrible situation. A similar problem is acknowledged in our guidance for today. Numerous users have voiced their complaints about the Fortnite party chat not working. This article can assist you in resolving the issue if the same thing is happening to you as well.
How to fix the Fortnite party chat not working error?
Try these solutions to fix the Fortnite party chat not working error:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Check your Internet connection
- Verify every crucial voice-related setting for PS and Xbox
- Check the Fortnite server status
- Set your current voice device to default in Windows
- Adjust your registry settings
Fix 1: Basic troubleshooting
It is strongly advised that you read the following advice before moving on and changing the settings to fix the Fortnite party chat not working problem. Even if the problem isn’t severe, it could take a while to resolve if you immediately begin changing the settings.
Restart the game: Consider a restart if the problem just started and you are certain that you haven’t changed any bugs
Check if the microphone is functional: Make sure your microphone is in working order
Update Fortnite: Ensure that the most recent version of your game is installed
Fix 2: Check your Internet connection
The next thing you need to verify is your Internet connectivity if you have tried the suggestions above and the Fortnite party chat not working problem is still not resolved.
Many users disregard their internet access and begin fiddling with game settings, which makes the problem even worse. In order to check if the websites are loading properly, try visiting a few of them. Make sure your internet is fast enough as well. It is sufficient if your internet connection has an 8 Mbps speed.
Fix 3: Verify every crucial voice-related setting for PS and Xbox
So in this method, you will be cross-checking certain voice-related settings. The chances are that you might have missed one. Now make sure to go through each of them to fix the Fortnite party chat not working problem. Also, all the settings that you will be checking apply to the Xbox as well as PS4.
- Start the game, then navigate to the Settings menu when you reach the main menu
- Click on the Sound settings once you are in the Settings section at the top
- To make sure that the following options are active, scroll down to the Voice Chat sections here
- Voice Chat is On, and the Open Mic Voice Chat Method setting selected
- Voice Channel is set to Party
- Turn on Voice Chat Notification
- Make sure to save the modifications once the settings are identical to those described above
- Start the party now, then return to the Sound options, turn off Voice Chat, and then save the adjustments
- Return to your party, leave it, then access Sound Settings again, select Voice Chat, and then save the modifications
Fix 4: Check the Fortnite server status
If you have tried the aforementioned procedure and the Fortnite party chat not working problem still exists, it’s possible that the game’s server status is down. Yes, you won’t be able to utilize the voice chat feature in the game if the game server is unavailable so before you try to fix the Fortnite party chat not working problem, make sure to check the server status first. The below steps can be used to check the game’s server status.
- Launch a web browser and open this link to the official Epic Games down detector
- When the website loads and you notice “All systems operational,” the server is functioning properly
- If not, wait a few hours until the server is back online
Fix 5: Set your current voice device to default in Windows
This method is only applicable to Windows. One of the reasons why you are facing this issue can be the Sound properties or the device that is set to default. Follow the steps below and check if the Fortnite voice chat not working problem is fixed.
- While the game is up and running, head to the Settings
- On the top, click on the Sound icon to access sound-related settings
- Now scroll down to the Voice Chat and put it to OFF; also, make sure to put Push to talk to OFF
- Once done, save the changes; on the bottom right, right-click on volume and select Open Sound settings
- Now on the right click on Open Sound Control Panel
- Once the Sound setting is opened up on the top, click on the Recording tab
- Right-click on the Device that is enabled and set it Default Sound setting
Now head back to the game and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Adjust your registry settings
It is strongly advised that you only utilize this method as a last option after trying the other options listed above. Make the following changes in your Windows Registry to fix the Fortnite voice chat not working problem:
- Regedit can be opened by typing Regedit into the Start menu
- Open the registry editor and then navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Epic Games
- Please remove the registry when you get there
- Now take the path: HKEY_USERSLONG-STRING-OF-CHARACTERS-REMOVED\Software\Epic Games
- When you go there, remove the register
- Restart your machine now to see if the problem has been resolved
That covers all of our recommended fixes for the Fortnite voice chat not working problem. We hope that this guide was helpful to you! If you are also experiencing Fortnite successfully logged out error, or simply need help locating Fortnite Cozy Lodge you may check our guides on them as well by clicking on your problem!