- 1 Overwatch 2 crashing: Why, though?
- 2 Overwatch 2 crashing: How to fix it on PC?
- 2.1 Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 1: Update your GPU driver
- 2.2 Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 2: Close all browser tabs
- 2.3 Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 3: Repair the game using Battle.net
- 2.4 Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 4: Lower video settings
- 2.5 Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 5: Contact Blizzard
- 3 Overwatch 2 crashing: How to fix it on PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Switch?
- 4 Conclusion
If you are one of the players facing the Overwatch 2 crashing issue, we are here to help. It doesn’t matter if you play the game on a PC, PS5, PS4, or an Xbox; we have some fixes for you.
Overwatch 2 crashing: Why, though?
The Overwatch client will hang or become unresponsive (the software will freeze), and you might need to restart your computer. The game contains a number of known flaws that have existed since its release.
Server disconnections, missing cosmetics, items, and cash are just a few of the reported issues. This article will teach you how to resolve Overwatch 2’s PC and console crashes and freezes.
Your graphics card might be out-of-date, or your computer might not have the minimum specifications to run Overwatch 2, which is why the game might keep crashing.
To prevent users from facing the Overwatch 2 crashing issue, Blizzard is working on a server update that will be published in the coming week(s). You can also fix the Overwatch 2 heroes locked bug or Overwatch 2 BC 101 error by visiting our guides!
On the Blizzard forum, a lot of people are reporting the Overwatch 2 crashing problem:
“Yeah, I am experiencing crashes within minutes of playing the game, it doesn’t matter if I’m in the practice range or the menu,” one player said.
“Same here, my game will instantly crash after a minute or so. It didn’t happen in the beta for me, and it didn’t happen during my first game today when the game launched. Ever since I restarted it, it has been instantly closing without any errors,” another added.
“Thank god, I thought that I was the only one having this Overwatch 2 crashing issue. The game is literally unplayable, it crashes after ~3 matches, and it’s as if waiting 10 minutes to play the game is not enough,” another player said.
Overwatch 2 crashing: How to fix it on PC?
In order to fix Overwatch 2 crashing issue on PC, you can try these solutions:
- Update your GPU driver
- Close all browser tabs
- Repair the game using Battle.net
- Lower video settings
- Contact Blizzard
To fix the Overwatch 2 crashing issue, you need to update your graphics card, close all of your tabs, and scan and repair the game.
You can also try lowering your video settings. Otherwise, you need to wait for Blizzard to fix the server issues or play the game when it’s less crowded.
If all else fails, you can contact Blizzard.
Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 1: Update your GPU driver
- Go to this link.
- Select “Download Now.”
- Open the app.
- Sign in and head to “Drivers.”
- Click on Download.
- Go to this link.
- Select “Download.”
- Open the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your GPU.
Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 2: Close all browser tabs
- Close all of your open tabs if Chrome or Edge are operating in the background.
- Closing tabs will reduce CPU and RAM utilization, which can stop the game from freezing or crashing.
Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 3: Repair the game using Battle.net
- Open Battle.net, then choose “Overwatch 2.”
- The gear icon next to the play button should be clicked.
- Choose “Scan and fix.”
- Choose “Begin scan.”
- Start Overwatch 2 now.
Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 4: Lower video settings
- Dynamic Render Scale: Off
- Limit FPS to 30
- Vsync: Off
- Triple buffering: Off
- Reduce buffering: On
- Nvidia Reflex: Enabled
Overwatch 2 crashing on PC fix 5: Contact Blizzard
You can send a ticket to Blizzard support if none of these above solutions work.
- Contact Blizzard using this link.
Overwatch 2 crashing: How to fix it on PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Switch?
If you are playing Overwatch on a console and facing the Overwatch 2 crashing issue, you have two choices to fix the problem:
- Get the latest patch
- Control your console temperature
Overwatch 2 crashing on console: Get the latest patch
Updates to the Overwatch 2 game will undoubtedly try to increase stability by addressing known crash causes.
Overwatch 2 crashing on console: Control your console temperature
Applications may shut down automatically if a PlayStation or Xbox overheats in order to prevent the device from becoming dangerously hot.