- 1 iOS 16 weather widget not working: How to fix it?
In this article, we will cover the fix for iOS 16 weather widget not working error. The weather widget was not accessible prior to iOS 14. After that, you may add a weather widget to your home screen and quickly view all of the most recent weather information. In addition, a lot of people complain that the weather widget on their iPhone 13/12/11/XR/XS does not function properly, does not load, randomly refreshes, or does not update the temperature.
The iPhone and iPad lock screen has a Weather Widget. This will enable you to receive immediate weather updates for the place you are now in or one you have entered. Use these solutions if the weather widget on iOS 16/15 isn’t functioning.
iOS 16 weather widget not working: How to fix it?
iOS 16 weather widget not working: Here are the fixes that you can try:
- Ensure location services are enabled for the weather app
- Check device internet connection
- Manually select the location in the weather widget
- Turn on the background app refresh
- Turn on the background app refresh
- Reset location & privacy on iPhone
- Update iPhone software
- Remove and reinstall the weather app
Ensure location services are enabled for the weather app
This is the fundamental technique to fix the iOS 16/15 weather widget issue on iPhone and iPad. You must enable location access on your iPhone or iPad in order to do that.
- Tap on the Settings app on the iPhone to activate the location. The screen then displays a variety of possibilities. You must select Privacy.
- Step 2 requires you to touch on Location Services and confirm whether or not location services are enabled. In that case, activate the toggle option. Check to see that the toggle button turns green when it is turned on.
- Select on the “Weather” option after scrolling option.
- Tap “While Using the App or Widgets”. You can also enable the toggle for “Precise Location”.
Check device internet connection
After disabling the weather location and still experiencing the problem, we must verify our internet connectivity. Let’s take a quick look at how your carrier’s internet access is performing.
On an iPhone, open the Settings app and select Wi-Fi. Ensure that your wireless network connection is strong.
Additionally, you can activate this option by tapping the Cellular option in Settings. Make sure the toggle for the Weather app is set to green by scrolling down and finding it.
Manually select the location in the weather widget
After attempting the aforementioned two solutions, if the weather widgets on your iPhone are still not functioning, you can manually choose the location for the widget. Carefully follow each of the instructions listed below.
- Do a long press on the weather widget in iOS 15 to access it. Sub-options are now displayed in front of you.
- Three alternatives are available. You need to select the Edit Widget Option from among them.
- Select “Location” by tapping it.
- Now manually enter the name of your location.
- You can manually switch according to your location if you want to change where you are.
Turn on the background app refresh
Imagine that you are once again having issues with the weather widget. Then, for a perfect update, you must refresh your background-running application. Follow all the instructions listed below to enable Background App Refresh for the weather app.
- Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Make sure you’ve enabled this option.
- Track down the Weather app by scrolling down. Turn on the weather app’s option as well.
Reset location & privacy on iPhone
Resetting Location & Privacy settings on iPhone and iPad is another suggestion for fixing an issue with the Apple weather widget. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy while doing this. To confirm your selection, enter the iPhone passcode.
Update iPhone software
Make sure the software on your iPhone is current as well. Please go to Settings > General > Software Update to download iOS 16.
Remove and reinstall the weather app
This is a built-in program from the Apple corporation. To fix this, you can uninstall and reinstall the program to get rid of the minor issues. To delete and reinstall the Weather app, complete each step.
- On the home screen or App library, long-press the weather symbol.
- You must tap on Remove App, Delete App, and then Delete in the order listed. Additionally, entering jiggle mode requires long-pressing. Simply press the minus button to continue.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Go to the App Store right now. You must hit the search bar and enter the word “Weather.” The official Application can then be installed by tapping the download icon.
We hope the solutions work for you.
Do you know the new iOS 16.1 features?