In this article, we are going to be covering how to install V Rising mods in 2022, so you can get the most out of the game while playing.
After years of hibernation, you awaken as a weakened vampire. To live, you must hunt for blood while hiding from the hot heat. To expand your vampire empire, you must rebuild your castle and turn people into faithful followers. Create allies or adversaries online or locally, fend off holy armies, and wage battle on a war-torn land. If you want to check out the game for yourself, make sure to check out the Steam Store page.
V Rising has a robust modding community, as do many other popular PC games these days. The game went viral overnight, selling over 1.5 million downloads globally, so it’s only natural that there are now a plethora of modifications available.
How to install V Rising mods?
In response to popular demand, the game’s creators, Stunlock Studios, have included the ability to install and run modifications. To add modifications to your game, first install the BepInExPack mod framework, then copy and paste the modules you want into the folder. We assure you it sounds more complex than it is. This is how to install V Rising mods.
At the moment, a few websites offer V Rising mods for download. Because it is the most popular, the V Rising Thunder Store is suggested. You will also require the BepInExPack framework, which can be found here. Download it and follow these steps:
- Download the framework in.zip format. Extract it wherever you’d like.
- Navigate to the installation location for V Rising. By right-clicking the title in the Steam game list and selecting properties, you may find the location. To go to the V Rising folder, choose Local files and then click the Browse button.
- Paste all of the extracted framework files into the V Rising main folder. That is generally SteamsteamappscommonVRising.
- After transferring the framework, you’ll see a new subdirectory called BepInEX. Within the folder, you just opened, create a new subfolder named Plugins. Make certain that you name it appropriately. Otherwise, the game will not recognize any loaded modifications.
- Now, go to the Thunder Store page linked above and download whatever mod you like.
- After downloading the desired mod, extract the folder and copy the.dll file from it.
- Copy and paste the.dll file into the newly formed Plugins folder. The.dll file should be placed in the following directory: SteamsteamappscommonVRisingBepInEXPlugins.
- When you start the game, a huge message in the main menu will say: Mods are active.
When you enable changes, you can only play the game with your friends on private or dedicated servers.
Best V Rising mods
Of course, because it is so new, V Rising doesn’t have a lot of modifications to its name. Nonetheless, we have some exciting new toys to play with. The ModernCamera mod adds a new layer of realism to the game. This removes many of the restrictions on how far you may zoom and move the camera. The standard game locks you into an overhead perspective, and you can only zoom and pan up and down so far before it stops you.
You may zoom way down to a more traditional third-person action game kind of perspective with this mod, with the camera directly behind your character. You still have to play the game using the original controls, which isn’t too difficult, but it’s worth it to experience Vardoran from a more grounded perspective.
HideInterface by ACP is another mod that works well with the previous one. The F11 button toggles the in-game UI on and off, allowing you to enjoy that clean appearance whenever you want with the push of a button. This is one of our favorite mods in the history of mods since we have to take a lot of screenshots. This mod is extremely beneficial if you want to play without the HUD or, more likely, enjoy changing back and forth manually.
These next several modifications aren’t so much “fun” as they are “helpful minor enhancements that the creators should probably simply put into the game.” Many games feature modifications like this, which are simply modest quality-of-life changes that improve your overall experience. These are the kind of modifications that gamers frequently enable and never disable.
PopupTotals by Nightbreak is an excellent example of this. When you take up more resources while this mod is enabled, you may view your total carrying quantity of a resource. Assume you have 100 timber in your inventory. If you pick up five lumber off the ground, you will receive a little signal that you now have 105 lumber. Nothing revolutionary, but certainly useful.
Then there’s ACP’s CursorLock, which keeps your mouse pointer from leaving the window while the game is running. This mod protects you from mistakenly clicking outside of the game on another screen while you are attempting to focus on the game. QuickStash by Elmegaard is also handy since it allows you to utilize the Compulsively Count ability on all surrounding stashes at the same time. Just a small accessory to help you organize your belongings.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on how to install V Rising mods in 2022. If you did, we are sure that you will also enjoy reading some of our other articles, such as V Rising boss locations guide: Where to find and beat them, or the list of all V Rising console commands and how to use them.