If you don’t know how to enable and use Remote Desktop on Windows 11, we are going to help you out.
What is Remote Desktop and how does it work?
Windows 11 Remote Desktop enables users to remotely use the computer with the help of a phone or tablet. This way you will be able to complete simple tasks, you can check downloads, change the song that is playing behind, copy files, etc.
How to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 11?
The process is really simple, just follow the instructions:
- Open the Windows Settings.
- If you don’t know how, you can just hit the Windows+i hotkey or you can right-click on the Start icon and choose “Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Then select “System” from the sidebar and enter “Remote Desktop.”
- You should see a switch next to “Remote Desktop,” you need to toggle it on.
- Next, choose “Yes” and click on the “Confirm” button on the pop-up windows.
- Now click on the drop-down menu that is located next to the switch.
- Check the following box: “Require devices to use Network Level Authentication Connect (Recommended).” To connect to a remote PC on the local network, you’ll need to enter its Windows user account password.
- Next, choose “Yes” and then click on the “Confirm” button.
How to use Remote Desktop on Windows 11?
You may use any remote access tool to access your computer remotely, but only a few provide a mobile app. In this guide, we are going to show you how to use Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app.
How to set default speakers on Windows 11?
Follow these steps:
- First, Open the Remote Desktop app
- Next tap on the + icon, it should be located on the top-right corner.
- Type in your PC Name and Windows user account credentials.
- Make the necessary adjustments, for example, you can choose to toggle on “Clipboard,” “Storage” or “Microphone.”
- Tap on “Save.”
Now you can tap on your PC name and start a remote desktop session.