If you don’t know how to set default speakers on Windows 11, we are going to help you out in this guide. Maybe you have different audio outpust connected to your computer like speakers, headphones, etc. If you want to set any of these devices as default audio output, keep reading.
How to set default speakers on Windows 11?
The process is really simple, you just need to follow some instruction that we are going to detail below:
- Open the Windows Settings.
If you don’t know how, you can just hit the Windows+i hotkey or you can right-click on the Start icon and choose “Settings” from the menu that appears.
Go to System and enter Sound. Or, just right-click onto the speaker which is located on the taskbar and select “Sound Settings.”
- Find the “Output” and just click the arrow located next to the audio output device that you want to set as default.
- Go to the Properties page of that device and find the “Set as default sound device” section.
- You’ll be shown a drop-down with several options: “Not used as a default,” “Is default for audio,” or “Is default for communications.”
- Warning: If you don’t see and option like that, the chosen device might be already set as the default for both audio and communications.
- Click on the “Set as default sound device” menu and choose one of the following:
- Use as default for audio.
- Use as default for communications.
It is that easy! You’ve succesfully set a speaker as default on Windows 11.