In order to avoid being charged before the expiration time, read our tutorial on how to cancel automatic renewal in Nintendo Switch Online.
When we subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online on Nintendo Switch to access the online game and other benefits such as classic games or cloud storage, among others, the service is activated with automatic renewal included. It is an interesting option if you want to continue enjoying the service indefinitely without having to worry about renewals. Although for who want to try Nintendo Switch Online through the trial period or do not want to continue paying for the service, this might be unuseful. Therefore, below we offer a complete tutorial so you can cancel the automatic subscription to Nintendo Switch Online.
How to cancel automatic renewal in Nintendo Switch Online?
First of all, we must know that the automatic renewal of Nintendo Switch Online takes place two days before the expiration of the contracted service, so if we want to stop paying for the service, we will have to follow the following steps, at most, two days before the end of the service.
- Access the Switch eShop through the main menu of the console.
- Scroll down to the Nintendo Switch Online section in the left column of the eShop.
- Go to My Subscription Settings.
- Click on Cancel automatic renewal.
If we do it correctly we will have already canceled the automatic renewal of Nintendo Switch Online associated with our Nintendo account through Nintendo Switch. Of course, if we belong to a family plan of Nintendo Switch Online and cancel the automatic renewal, the other users of the family plan will not be able to access the benefits and features of Nintendo Switch Online.
What happens when you unsubscribe from Nintendo Switch Online?
If we unsubscribe from Nintendo Switch Online through the cancellation of the automatic renewal we will lose all the benefits associated with the service such as:
- Online play to multiplayer modes of Nintendo Switch video games that offer that option.
- We will not be able to access the free classic NES and Super NES catalog.
- We will not be able to save games in the Nintendo cloud.
- Exclusive offers of games and add-ons from the eShop.