If you don’t know how to activate cheats in Minecraft, we are going to help you out and show you all the console commands in the game. Minecraft console commands are, in essence, cheats that allow us, for example, to instantly kill a specific player, or teleport to a point on the map. In this section of our Minecraft guide, we explain all the tips and tricks.
How to activate cheats in Minecraft?
Activating cheats in Minecraft is very simple. When creating a new world for Survival Mode, we must go down in the options menu on the right side and activate the “Activate Cheats” checkbox. This is the only requirement needed to activate the console commands.
Please note that enabling this option will prevent us from earning achievements or trophies in this world, even if we disable it later.
Complete list of cheats and console commands in Minecraft
After activating cheats we enter the game and press the “T” key to open the chat, which also serves as a command console. Then, we can enter any of the cheats from the list below.
For example, if we use the command “/kill” without entering a parameter, our character will die; while if we enter the command “/kill player1”, then the player named “player1” will die. In addition to specific names, there are also shortcuts:
@p: the nearest player
@r: a random player
@a: all players
@e: all entities
@s: the entity executing this command
List of console commands
- Store items: “/dropstore” – Drops all items from the inventory and stores them in a chest that appears nearby.
- Help: “/help [CommandName]” – The game gives us information about the command we ask for.
- Change weather: “/weather [WeatherType]” – Allows you to change the weather at will.
- Change difficulty: “/difficulty peaceful” – Change “peaceful” to “easy” for easy difficulty, “normal” for normal, and “hard” for hard.
- Freeze: “/freeze” – Paralyze all entities.
Instant growth: “/instantplant” – Plants grow instantly.
- Water damage: “/waterdamage” – Enables or disables water damage.
- Falling damage: “/falldamage” – Enables or disables falling damage.
- Fire damage: “/firedamage” – Enables or disables fire damage.
- Give: “/give [Amount]” – Used to instantly give a player an item from our inventory.
- Duplicate: “/duplicate” – Used to copy and drop the item we have in our hand at the moment.
- Object durability: “/itemdamage” – Enables or disables wear and tear on objects due to use.
- Melt object: “/superheat” – Converts all objects to their melted form.
- Custom time: “/time set 1000” – Makes the time of day change to a custom one. We can replace “1000” with “0” for dawn, “6000” for noon, “12000” for dusk and “18000” for night.
- Summon: “/summon” – Summons an entity or a specific object.
- Keep inventory when dying: “/gamerule keepInventory true” – Makes that, when we die, we keep all the objects of our inventory. To cancel this trick the command is “/gamerule keepInventory false”.
- Kill: “/kill” – Kill any player. If no name is added afterwards, then our character will die.
- Atlantis Mode: “/atlantis” – Makes the level of the seas and oceans rise a lot.
- Creative Mode: “/gamemode creative” – Changes the game mode to Creative Mode.
- Survival Mode: “/gamemode survival” – Changes the game mode to Survival Mode.
- Ride: “/ride” – Turns the creature we are looking at into a mounted creature.
- Stop time/make it advance: “/gamerule doDaylightCycle false” – Freezes time, to reverse this trick, the command you will use is “/gamerule doDaylightCycle true”.
Instant Chop: “/instantmine” – Break all blocks with a single click with any tool.
- World seed: “/seed” – Gives us the code corresponding to the seed of the world we are in.
- Teleport: “/tp [Player] x y z” – Used to teleport ourselves or another player to the coordinates we want.