Find out how to delete an IMVU account permanently following this guide. IMVU is an instant messaging application that allows you to create avatars and interact with other characters in 3D-designed scenes.
This innovative application has a large number of users; if you have already registered in IMVU, but you are tired of using this platform because it did not meet your expectations, you can easily close your account. In this post, we will tell you how to delete an IMVU account permanently, it’s very easy!
By permanently deleting your IMVU account or profile you will be losing absolutely all your information, contacts, avatar, and creations you have saved.
This process is not reversible. Once you decide to delete your profile, you will no longer be able to enter IMVU using the same account, you will have to create a new account as well as a new character or avatar.
How to delete an IMVU account permanently?
Actually, deleting your IMVU account permanently is a fairly simple process. You will find all the necessary steps in detail below.
How to delete an IMVU account permanently using Mac or Windows PC?
There are two very simple ways to delete your IMVU account forever from your PC. You can either use the “Help” section or you can go to IMVU’s website.
Below is the step-by-step methodology to delete your account from the PC using the “help” section on the official IMVU website:
- Open your browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari) and go to the following website.
- When you are on the official IMVU website, click on the “User Access” option, which is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will immediately be redirected to another page where you must click on the “Login” option.
- A pop-up window will appear where you must enter your username or email and password; then click “Login” again.
- Once inside your account click on the “Help” option, which is located at the top of the screen next to the “Search” box.
- Several options will appear on the screen, select “Delete account.”
- In the new window, click on this option: “Click here to go to the delete account page.”
- On the new page, you must re-enter your password for the system to verify your identity.
- Click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- You will now see a message on the screen indicating that your IMVU account has been successfully deleted.
- Finally, you will receive an email from IMVU.
Or you can choose to follow these steps instead:
- Go to your browser and go to the following URL.
- Log in to your account as usual.
- Once you are logged in to your account, go back to your browser and go the following URL, this address will automatically take you to the page where you can delete your account.
- Re-enter your login password and click “Continue”.
- You will receive a message that your profile has been successfully deleted. You will also receive an email to the email address linked to your account.
How to delete an IMVU account permanently using Android or iOS?
You must use your mobile browser to successfully delete your account since this procedure cannot be done from the app. Follow these steps:
- Open your mobile device’s web browser and go to this URL.
- Click “Login” and enter your username or email and password.
- You will see a section called “Account Password”, there you must re-enter your password for the system to verify your identity, then click the “Continue” button.
- Your IMVU account will be deleted immediately.
- You will receive an email to the email address linked to your account, confirming that your account has been deleted for good.
- After deleting your account, you can delete the application from your phone.
What is IMVU?
IMVU is an online metaverse and a social networking site and users of IMVU can construct 3D avatars, connect and interact with others all over the world in 3D. It’s the world’s largest avatar-based social networking site, where people communicate with one another by changing their avatars, chatting with friends, buying things, hanging out at cool parties, sharing their experiences, and selling virtual items for real money.
IMVU is a popular and unusual site with more than 7 million monthly active users all over the world. It’s also available on Android, iOS, and even the internet, so it’s accessible to everyone.
The visuals of both the people and locations are quite similar to those in The Sims 2. Orders may be given to the avatars to accomplish certain things or express certain feelings, as in previous versions. The following are some of the activities and emotions::
- get angry
- take pictures
- say hello
- throw away pigs!
How do I temporarily deactivate or disable my IMVU account?
IMVU has a relatively low age requirement; thus, it is easy for all ages to enjoy the site and play the games there. The site does not allow you to deactivate or shut down your account temporarily; instead, you must permanently delete it using this link in the email. To reactivate your account, contact support or create a support ticket.
What happens when you delete your IMVU account?
You have three options if you want to cancel your IMVU account: Delete, Revoke Access, and Cancel Account. When you delete your account, you’ll get a confirmation email to the email address associated with it. After you confirm the cancellation of your account, all of your user data will be permanently deleted from the site, including any past interactions. However, if you do not respond via email to confirm withdrawing your membership, your account will be disabled.
How to recover a deleted IMVU account?
If you deleted your account by accident or changed your mind about deleting it, you may restore it. You will receive an email to the address linked to your IMVU account if you delete it. However, make sure you verified your email first, otherwise you won’t be able to reactivate your account. Follow these steps to reactivate your IMVU account:
- Go to your inbox and search for an email with the subject line “IMVU Alert: Your account has been canceled.”
- You can reactivate your account from the email by clicking the link.
- Follow the given procedure to restore your deleted account.
If you don’t see an IMVU email in your inbox, check your Spam or Junk folder. If it isn’t there, you can use Live Chat or a Customer Support ticket to contact IMVU (use this procedure if you have no other account to which you may submit a request) and the Customer Service team will assist you through the whole process.
If you’re not interested in IMVU anymore, there are a few comparable virtual world sites to try. Examine these platforms and see whether you prefer them to IMVu.
- Second Life
- Lady Popular
- Entropia Universe
- Second Life
- Club Cooee
- Avakin Life
- The Sims
If you’re having difficulties deleting your IMVU account or recovering it, check out the IMVU Community Help Center for assistance at https://help.imvu.com/s/help-articles or contact the IMVU Customer Service at https://help.imvu.com/s/contactus where they will assist you in getting through the issue.
Does IMVU delete inactive accounts?
Yes, IMVU deletes inactive accounts from time to time in order to clear its database and make dormant accounts available for new members.
How to download my IMVU history?
You can download history with these steps:
- Go to IMVU.
- Right click on the window.
- Look for “Copy chat log” and click on it.
- Paste it to a notepad or your desired application.
- Save this file to be able to use it later.
How to clear the cache on IMVU?
- Login to IMVU chat.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on Clear IMVU cache and restart client.
How do I get my disabled IMVU account back?
To reactivate an inactive account, you must first submit a trouble ticket to IMVU’s support staff. To access the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the main IMVuan website, click here. Select the relevant department by clicking the “Customer Service” button.
Where is the delete account page on IMVU?
Go to the imvu.com catalog and sign in to your account. Verify that the avatar name is correct and input your IMVU password to delete the account on the page. You’ll see a message telling you, “Your account has been successfully removed,” when you click “Continue.”
Is IMVU dangerous, is it safe for my kids?
Underage viewing of IMVU can be prohibited, and certain features of the site may be dangerous and need adult supervision. It’s the most immersive avatar-based social experience on the internet.
What happens if u get reported on IMVU?
We have a lot of choices when we evaluate a report: We can warn the user, warning them that additional breaches of the TOS might result in temporary or permanent suspension. The user may be temporarily disabled. The user may be permanently disabled.
Can you find out who reported you on IMVU?
Unfortunately, unless someone tells you, you won’t know. IMVU is unable to disclose information about who files complaints.