Today we are here to show you how to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5. What is it, and what causes this issue? Nothing prevents you from putting your worries aside and spending your time whatever you like with Netflix, which is the definition of relaxation. However, there are a few nitpicky issues that might ruin your joy, and Netflix error code NW-2-5 is one of them. Keep reading because we have a lot to teach you about this mistake that we will cover today, along with instructions on how to solve it.
When you think everything is ready to watch your favorite show or play your favorite game after a long day, you get the warning that Netflix has encountered an error code NW-2-5. Imagine you want to relax on the couch with a pizza and enjoy your favorite show.
What does the Netflix code NW-2-5 mean? Don’t worry; we understand this frustrating situation because we have been there.
Understanding the fundamental cause and the meaning of Netflix error code NW-2-5 is necessary if you want to eliminate Netflix proxy and connectivity difficulties. To fix the issue, you need to identify the root reason, which might be anything from a poor internet connection to a VPN that isn’t functioning. We recommend you learn how to set up a VPN connection in Windows 10 if you are having trouble.
Summary: Fix Netflix error code NW-2-5 in 5 steps
- Make sure that Netflix is not restricted
- Check your internet connection
- Restart your device
- Restart your modem
- Change DNS
What is Netflix error code NW-2-5?
If you see the Netflix error code NW-2-5, then this means that a network connectivity problem is preventing your device from reaching Netflix.
Netflix error code NW-2-5 is a network connection issue that results in a warning by Netflix. It is mostly experienced by Smart TV, PS4, and Xbox users. All of us have seen this message on our screens, so what does it mean?
What causes Netflix error code NW-2-5?
The main reasons for the NW-2-5 Netflix error are two.
- The router cannot establish a connection with your device.
- Netflix and your device are not connected.
Since these connectivity problems are thought to be the primary offender, it is essential to pinpoint the root cause of the problem before trying to remedy it. Some customers claim that they only see the Netflix problem when using a particular device, but it never occurs when using other devices.
If PS4 customers are experiencing this error, there may be a problem with their DNS settings or internet connection.
How to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5?
You should verify the internet connectivity if you experience Netflix error code NW-2-5. Here is a step-by-step explanation of how to fix the Netflix error code NW-2-5 and enjoy Netflix to your heart’s content.
Make sure that Netflix is not restricted
Many networks prohibit Netflix setup, which is one of the main causes of Netflix error code NW-2-5. It isn’t much you can do if your internet provider has disabled your access to Netflix. In this situation, you should check with your internet service provider to see if Netflix is restricted.
You might receive the Netflix error code NW-2-5 if you try to use the Wi-Fi at work or school. Because streaming services like Netflix don’t have unlimited bandwidth, public WiFi also prohibits them. The Netflix connection or the video quality may suffer as a result.
It is time to switch to cable internet or DSL because they offer a higher speed if you are not using public Wi-Fi and are still experiencing connectivity issues.
Check your internet connection
Your streaming experience may occasionally be ruined by a sluggish internet connection, which results in the NW-2-5 Netflix error code. You may instantly verify the speed of your connection using any of the many of online speed tests available.
|0.5 Megabits/sec||Required speed for broadband connection|
|1.5 Megabits/sec||Recommended speed for broadband connection|
|3.0 Megabits/sec||SD quality|
|5.0 Megabits/sec||HD quality|
|25 Megabits/sec||Ultra HD quality|
Asking your ISP provider to fix the problem or discussing it with your device provider and looking for a potential fix are the best options for this problem.
Restart your device
Restarting your device can occasionally resolve the Netflix error code NW-2-5. Here’s how rebooting your device will automatically fix the error.
- Turn off the device. Use the remote control to fix a Netflix error code NW-2-5 on a smart TV before unplugging it from power.
- After a short while, reconnect the device.
- Before plugging the device back in, it must be entirely discharged.
- If there is a power button, depress it, hold it down for 5 seconds, and then let go.
- Plug in the device, grab the remote, and start the TV. To determine whether your efforts were successful, try connecting to the Netflix app.
Check if the problem is resolved. If not, continue to the next step.
Restart your modem
Restarting your router or modem might solve this issue.
- Unplug your device and turn it off.
- Remove it from the modem and router.
- Wait a short while.
- Reconnect everything after waiting for the router and modem lights to come on. Then, grab the remote and start watching Netflix.
Netflix error code for connection Your DNS settings, particularly those for game consoles like the Xbox, PlayStation, Streaming Media Player, and set-top boxes, may also be the root of NW-2-5. Here’s how to set up your device’s DNS settings to resolve the Netflix error code NW-2-5.
- Put the Xbox controller’s “Guide Button” into action.
- Make your way to “Settings.”
- Then select “Network Setting” by clicking on “System Setting.”
- Choose the ‘Configure Network’ option after picking your network.
- Go to “DNS Setting” right now.
- Choose the “Automatic” radio button.
- Restart your Xbox, then watch Netflix.
Choose 22.214.171.124 as your primary DNS server and 126.96.36.199 as your secondary DNS server if you want to use the manual options.
In this post, we explained how to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5 in 5 simple steps. In summary:
- What is Netflix error code NW-2-5? This error implies that a network connectivity problem is preventing your device from reaching Netflix.
- What causes Netflix error code NW-2-5? The router cannot establish a connection with your device or Netflix and your device is not connected.
- How to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5? Check out the 5 solutions we provided above!